Page 16 of 92 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

Thank you all for being here to share the sadness over the loss of Glenn and the end of the Eagles. Thank you, Soda, for creating this place for us to share happier memories, and excitement for upcoming shows, etc. It is hard to believe Glenn is gone, but it is sad to know he was in pain for so long, and hospitalized for such a long time at the end of his life. We did get a very long farewell tour, though we did not know it, and it was a wonderful gift from Glenn and the rest of the Eagles. Regardless, it isn't any easier to accept the sad news.

I'm sitting here reading this thread from start to finish with tears streaming down my face while the muscles in my throat tighten with a terrible ache & I can hardly breath. I'm still hoping that this is a hoax, but I know it's all to true!

I didn't find out until late last evening when I was getting into bed & decided to take a quick look at my emails before I went to sleep. I read a Google alert & it felt like my heart stopped abruptly. Of course, as with many others, the first thought that came to mind was that it was a hoax, but that email contained probably 7 or 8 different alerts, including the official statement that was posted on the Eagles' website. I immediately tried to get on The Border & I wasn't able to get on until today. I then tried Facebook & first saw posts from Nancy & Julie. I spent the night reading posts & sobbing in disbelief.

My first thoughts were of Cindy, Taylor, Deacon, Otis & Eddie. Those thoughts quickly included Don, Joe & Timothy & my fellow Borderers, especially Nancy (who created these sites) & Julie & Kay who have been here since the beginning, Lisa, HH, GH,VA & all the other Borderers. I can't imagine what Glenn's family & the other Eagles are going through. I know what The Borderers are going through.

GH, I too had a bad feeling deep down, that I tried not to let surface, that there was bad news coming.

Nancy, I do truly believe that your dream was a message from God.

I apologize for rambling on. Writing this down is just one way in which I am trying to cope with this loss. Now I'm starting to shake.

My sincere condolences to the many people (including me) who love Glenn.
    Last edited by GlennLover; 01-19-2016 at 08:38 PM.

Don't really know what to say except my condolences to everyone. Glenn was my favorite member, he was the essence of cool. I cannot recollect the countless times I have tried to sound like Glenn as I sang along to the Eagles in my car. I hit me today that because of Glenn's passing, the Eagles are no more. Or at least, no real "reunions" because it wouldn't be the same without Glenn; like McCartney, Harrison, and Starr said that it wouldn't be the same without John.

One thing that has sort of rubbed me the wrong way, and I am not trying to start anything or put everyone down, is the way people have been reacting to Felder's post. Saying that he is classy and his post is a class act, did they not expect him to say something about Glenn's death? It's really frustrating how people are commenting negative things about Frey and how Felder has taken the high road by reacting to Glenn's passing or how maybe now Henley can forgive Felder and bring him back into the group. I've tried to not respond or say anything to the commenters but I figured I could vent in safety here.

RIP Glenn, you will be sorely missed.

So sad, just shocking really. I tried several times to get here, but of course the site crashed. What a terrible loss....

Glenn will live on with us the way he has always lived with us - though his music. We will never really lose him.

Rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    Don't really know what to say except my condolences to everyone. Glenn was my favorite member, he was the essence of cool. I cannot recollect the countless times I have tried to sound like Glenn as I sang along to the Eagles in my car. I hit me today that because of Glenn's passing, the Eagles are no more. Or at least, no real "reunions" because it wouldn't be the same without Glenn; like McCartney, Harrison, and Starr said that it wouldn't be the same without John.

One thing that has sort of rubbed me the wrong way, and I am not trying to start anything or put everyone down, is the way people have been reacting to Felder's post. Saying that he is classy and his post is a class act, did they not expect him to say something about Glenn's death? It's really frustrating how people are commenting negative things about Frey and how Felder has taken the high road by reacting to Glenn's passing or how maybe now Henley can forgive Felder and bring him back into the group. I've tried to not respond or say anything to the commenters but I figured I could vent in safety here.

RIP Glenn, you will be sorely missed.
    I do feel, considering how Felder has bad mouthed Glenn in his book & in interviews that his statement was a little over the top, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he is sincere.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Here's a photo of a makeshift memorial at the famous corner in Winslow, Arizona.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 01-19-2016 at 08:49 PM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    Glenn will live on with us the way he has always lived with us - though his music. We will never really lose him.
    So true, tjh, so very true.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Out on the Border

Thanks for the great songs Mr. Glenn Frey!!!

I wasn't even able to get on the website yesterday, I guess due to heavy traffic on here, but I was in total shock when I heard about Glenn. I have been upset & reflective ever since I heard the news.

My heart goes out to everyone on The Border, my Eagle friends, & most of all his family & the rest of the band.

Very sad news. I thought it would never end. I was waiting for the next tour, perhaps a new album, but it is not to be...
    RIP Glenn Frey & thanks for all the wonderful music, concerts, memories, friendships & all you brought to those in your life. Heartbroken

Out on the Border

I continue to reflect on the last time I saw The Eagles. July 22, 2015. In seven days, it would all be over. I stood on the balcony of our hotel the morning after the concert, looking at the arena and thinking it was probably the last time I was going to see them, but also happy for Glenn that he was going home to Detroit the next evening.
    This is all still so surreal. I haven't listened to music all day. I don't know when I will again. While the tributes to Glenn are so fitting and deserved, it hurt to listen to those on talk radio as well.
    Appreciative of this forum and the ability to express my feelings.