Page 18 of 92 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I replied to a friend's Facebook post in almost the same way. I wanted people to know about Glenn's selflessness.
    I have something to say. I used to be pissed about what happened between Felder and Glenn and how Glenn was rude to be nice way about it but now that he is gone it just shocked me harder then ever. It felt like a family member passing away.I sent this to Felder through a pm on facebook. I said Don I am so sorry and heartbroken over the passing of your friend and bandmate Glenn Frey no matter the bad blood the arguments no matter the feuds you two along with Henley, Joe, Randy, Bernie and Timothy experienced something only a handful of us will ever experience you 7 guys have brought joy to millions of people around the world through your music and I truly and deeply hope that you can unite as one and honor this man who inspired millions of young musicians and Glenn would have the brightest smile on his face to see ALL of his bandmates and fans pay tribute to him I hope you are doing well and I wrote the wasted time lyrics.

I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. I sat in the 2nd row at my last Eagles concert in July 2015. Glenn had a bit of a cold but he was energetic and really seemed to be enjoying himself. It is surreal that 6 months later he is gone. Very very sad....my heart truly aches.

There is a lot to be said about Glenn and his massive contributions to music and its' impact on the lives of so many of us.For now I will just say my thoughts and prayers go to his family,band mates and those of you here that consider him family, especially to Soda, Freypower and Already Gone.

Channel surfing and the documentary is playing on one of the Showtime channels instead of regular scheduled program. May be something they're going to be doing for a little while.

I couldn't sleep last night - I was just too sad. I cried a lot yesterday. My husband said "its just a band, not like its family" I cried even harder.

I think I dozed a little bit. I have the Farewell tour on my tablet and I played it really low on my side of the bed.

I just can not believe it.

I wore my HOTE t-shirt today to school as a tribute. Even my students who have been with me since August told me they were sorry.

One of my co-teachers asked me at lunch if I thought the band would go on without him and I said no, this was Glenn's band. It's over.

My local classic rock radio station played Eagles and Glenn's songs all day long.

The DJ said something like when these bands come to ICT you MUST go because you never know if it is the last time.

Oh So True

Then the DJ reminded us that Doobie Brothers are going to be here in May (along with Journey and Dave Mason)

He said if you haven't gotten your tickets you better get them.

Eagles came in 2013 and we had no idea it would be the last time.

I am still just so heartbroken and still crying.

I can only imagine how Don, Timothy B, and Joe are feeling.

And to think he was the youngest one

I started to cry when my local radio station played Hotel California hours after I found out.

Then I heard the Long Run on my way to work this morning. I turned up the volume and started to sing while I was starting to cry. My mind went back to seeing Don going over to Glenn during the lines "Well, we're scared, but we ain't shaking. Kinda bent, but we ain't breakin'. Glenn would sometimes shake and then he would bend. Then the news reader of the station talked about Glenn's death.

Then two of my local radio station played their songs at the same time. It was Take it Easy and Lyin' Eyes (and it wasn't the edited version). I started to cry while singing. Both stations said they were going to play Eagles songs throughout the afternoon.

He was a wonderful man and a great singer. I am kicking myself for not seeing them. I said to myself, "when Glenn gets better and they decided to tour again, I would try my best to see them." I hate that's not going to happen now.

this is extra sad for me because I suffer from Crohn's it's cousin is Colitis. I take "chemo" infusions ever 5 weeks.

Makes me wonder what the infusions are doing to my body

I had my last infusion on the 8th. They zap my immune system and 4 days later I had major double ear infections.

I know how fast infection can spread.

I can only imagine the trauma Glenn went through. Intestine issues are so freaking painful that sometimes you think you are going to die. Well-he did

Out on the Border AftertheThrill's Avatar

Everytime I hear Desperado I think back to the concert in St. Louis in 2013. That was the last time I saw the Eagles and Glenn. I remember thinking at the time that this could be the last time but I thought it would be the last time because they decided on their own terms that it was over. Even with Glenn's health issues I never thought he would have been the first to go.

I'm very thankful for the internet community even though I don't spend much time here. My husband as been less then helpful with the situation and having people across the world is helping me a lot. I just feel like a part of me died. I always liked the Eagles but when they got back together they became a major part of my life, they were there when no one else was, and now it's over.

Just a side note that I've been thinking of on and off today. People might tell you things like "It's not like it's a family member!" or "He's just a singer". Don't take that from anyone. He was a beloved person in all of our lives and our grief is in no way undermined by the fact that we didn't know him personally. His music has had a great impact on all of our lives, and your anguish is real. Cry all you need to and grieve in your own way; God knows I have.

I've been listening to Eagles music all day. I wish so badly that they would've gotten together once more and done Farewell 2, and I could've made my concert number a nice round five. It's incredibly saddening that it will not happen now. However, I'm glad that my last time seeing them live was from 13 rows back, and that Glenn and Don saw my sister and I waving and sending our love. That memory will be with me forever.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Out on the Border

Well said, Tori.

Out on the Border Pink Champagne's Avatar

My husband texted me yesterday when the news broke. As with many of you, I have no words to describe how I felt. My first reaction was to try to get on this board. It was the weirdest feeling to not be able to get on....like the end of the world or something. While I may not say much, I read a lot of the posts and feel like I know many of you through your words and all things Eagles, especially Glenn. I needed to be here where I knew I would not be alone in how I felt. As I am reading through your posts, I can't say that I feel better but I don't feel alone. Great job, Soda, in creating the place where we can all come together to grieve.

This is so devastating that even today I have no words to describe this feeling. I can't even imagine what his family is going through. I have read several articles where it was stated how much Glenn loved his wife and children. I pray that they will always feel that love and somehow gain comfort from it.