Page 23 of 92 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

A closer up version of the Bruce Springsteen Glenn Tribute Take it easy from last nights show in Chicago. It is beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gagSIZjQTZo#t=44

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I want to say reading this thread over the last couple of days has been my main source of comfort. I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for coming together here and sharing our love, thoughts, and grief. It's very touching to see so many folks here, both old and new. I have so much that I want to share and say about Glenn, but I'm not ready to do that yet - right now I find it hard to even see his pictures or hear his music. It's funny how each of us has our own way of dealing with loss.

In the coming days and weeks, I know how important it will be for all of us beloved fans to come together and continue sharing our memories and feelings. Thank you all again for being a my rock right now.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

driving and had New Kid In Town blasting. driving and crying. i thought i could handle it. its very hard not only as a fan but as a music fan to deal with. even before i was into the band like i am now i loved them. the foundation the ROCK of that unit is gone. i would totally understand them not wanting to carry on. With the whole Felder thing? I think he did handle it with decency. yes he said bad things about Glenn. yes they had their problems. but in the end it all comes down to a friend mourning a friend. no matter what happened. no matter how bad it was they were still great friends. and i respect him more for it. it hurts it so effin hurts.

Jackson's tribute with TIE:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUK2YbsnGQc[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Ah f#*k, got me crying again.

I have to say. Other than missing his great voice. I know this will sound stupid, but I'm also going to miss seeing him wearing his two shirts he would wear in concert and he was always wearing that blue shirt we all hated. I was guilty of saying we need to burn that shirt along with Don's shirts. But it just hit me that we won't get see that again. That was his signature look he had for over 20 years. He would wore those over-shirts over his tshirt and Don wearing his flannel shirts. Little stuff like that I will miss.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I always pass a golf course on the way to the big city. I just passed it for the first time since Glenn's death. It took all that could do not to cry.

EYA: just noticed a street named Shsdy Glen. The radip is playing Nob Seger's Hollywood Nights, and I can't help but think of hoe he feels.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

There are so many Glenn tributes on YouTube from "ordinary people" too - people playing different songs. It's heart-warming to see how much love there is for him out there.

Out on the Border

I do not mean to be rude or crass asking this question...and I actually do understand why for a few reasons BUT I do not understand on some levels why no one anywhere from what I can see has posted a simple question about The Eagles concerning Glenn's passing (R.I.P). Are the Eagles breaking up?! Are they continuing?! Why has not a single thought passed and been posted anywhere in the media or fans concerning this?! I'm dumbfounded.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

It's too soon, bro. They are probably still in shock, definitely grieving and don't know what their plans are.