Page 24 of 92 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

I think right now Don, Timothy, and Joe are too hurt and devastated to think about the future of the band right now. I've wondered myself, but I thought it was too soon to ask that question. I would loved for them to continue, but I think this is it. If the guys didn't want to go on with the reunion when Glenn refused back in 1990, I don't see them doing that now with Glenn gone.

I don't think we will hear about the future of the band until Don, Timothy and Joe heal from this heartbreaking news of losing their friend and bandmate.

I think a lot of us wonder if they will continue, but we know its over.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

dammit.

Out on the Border

These were and are my thoughts as well...but needless to say...don't you all find it fascinating that not one media source or post has been done asking this simple and basic question concerning the subject at hand? I would have thought a simple mentioning of it would not have been too bad.

I would imagine that the Eagles are basically Glenn's group (right?) that that would be the end...at least for a period of time...but I do think that groups should at some point down the road should be allowed to continue.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, I thank each of you too for sharing your feelings here. For those who haven't been around for a while, thanks for coming back.

Last night at dinner my husband and I were talking about Glenn's death. He said he was surprised he hadn't caught me in tears yet. He was the one that got me listening to them way back in 1972 and he loves the Eagles music as much as I do. He's not obsessed like I am. I guess being a guy, he wouldn't be! But anyway, he thought we should have a Glenn tribute night. I said I didn't know if I could, cause I was sure I would be crying. He said it was ok to cry. Glenn and the Eagles had always been a big part of our life. So a bit later we put some of our favorites on and talked and listened to them. We started with Take It Easy, then Peaceful Easy Feeling and Tequila Sunrise. Hearing his voice, the thought that I'd never hear him sing live again came to me. The tears came from both of us as we talked over old memories from that first concert of the Eagles we saw back in 1976 through the fourteen year 'break' (and still listening to their albums) and then getting to see them in concert several times during the resumption. For a finale I put on It's Your World Now and drank one glass of wine. I never got to see Glenn solo which is a regret. Now I'll never get to. But his music lives on and I'm so thankful he left us that. I never in this world thought he would be the first one to leave us and am so sorry his last days were so bad for him. How cool that he was able to finish the HotE Tour! Someone said on Fb that they felt bad that he didn't really get to enjoy any retirement. I would say he was doing what he wanted to do those last few months. Somehow I just can't see Glenn puttering around in the back yard and being lazy. That just wasn't him! He was a doer and a goer! Rest in peace Mr. Frey. We will miss you immensely and the music world will never be the same!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I think it's way too early for remaining band members to decide anything, but Don Henley has said that it was Glenn's decision and I don't see them touring as the Eagles without him. Ever. jmo

I just got here and all this...unbelievable

R.I.P Mr. Frey and thank you for all the songs and vibes that have changed my life

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I think it's way too early for remaining band members to decide anything, but Don Henley has said that it was Glenn's decision and I don't see them touring as the Eagles without him. Ever. jmo
    yes. my thoughts exactly. they may do something small in the future, with some of the vocal responsibilities unfortunately falling on Don. and its gonna be hard to do. very hard

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6sC66RNK68

Bruce Springsteen played TIE at his show tonight in Chicago.

The sea of lights and people singing along...
    I've managed to hold myself together with two exceptions...watching this Springsteen tribute and when I heard Carrie Underwood's song "I Will See You Again" on the radio. Totally lost it in both instances.
    I just need a little downtime.........

I know people have posted about not being able to listen to the music or see pics or videos of Glenn, and I thought the same thing, but I did last night and it has helped a lot. Go ahead, you need to.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

You're a sweetie, Brooke. Your husband sounds nice too