Page 36 of 92 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Something that I thought of. One of the video downloads Soda has on GFO is of Glenn and Joe on a tv show in the UK from 2007(I think). In it, the hosts talk about the lyrics of Hotel California. One of the hosts was an Irish lady and she spoke the first few lines of the song. She mispronounced colitas as "colitis". Glenn laughed at her mistake, and said "colitas. Colitis is something that you go to the hospital for".
    That is one of the first things that came to my mind when I heard the news about the colitis!

Out on the Border

Checking back in. Hope everyone is hanging in there. I actually sat down at my computer and just wrote yesterday. Basically trying to put into writing why this has hit me so hard when so many others cant seem to understand. It really did seem to help. Reality is setting in. It's obvious he was very sick and as others have said, I admire him even more for fighting through these issues.
    I saw them in March 2014 and July 2015 and in both concerts Glenn announced that he "had a cold." I read this in several reviews during the HOTE tour as well.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Here is what Henry Diltz said about Glenn.

Glenn Frey was one of the good guys. He was whip-smart and funny as all get-out. I spent time with him in the desert, backstage and in planes, boats & automobiles. Capt'n Longneck they called him for awhile and he influenced our beer drinking habits.
    There's a reason some people's talent rises to the top of the heap. It's because their energy was able to reflect on life around them and represent it in a unique and joyful way. That was Glenn's ability and he shared it with us. He's gone home now and left us with his songs & our memories. Take it Easy, he taught us. There are so many cool people on the other side that it'll be a pleasure to get there.
    https://m.facebook.com/henrydiltzpho...176259/?type=3
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I got a little kick out of The Onion article too.

And AG - I had forgotten about that interview, but I know exactly which one you are referring too.

Since we are going to be getting hit with a major snowstorm tomorrow, I went out to do the grocery store thing this afternoon. After reading some of your posts about how listening to the music has helped you, I decided to maybe give it a try while I was driving. I don't know why, but I selected a CD that I had made after my mother's passing with all of her favorite Glenn/Eagles songs. I stuck the CD about halfway in the drive, and immediately pulled it back out. Right away, I knew it was a bad idea - I figured running down the road driving my car while sobbing was surely not the way to help me loosen my load. Since I'll be snowed in most of this weekend, I'll probably try again soon. I'll eventually come around, I'm just a bit slow. I think I'll feel better once we hear about plans for the memorial service.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Cameron Crowe's article on Glenn. (It's one of the best I've read.)

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...-king-20160121

I managed to listen to The Very Best of last night. I could enjoy the songs where Glenn wasn't singing lead or co-lead for the most part., Hole in the World was hard to listen to because there is a different kind of hole in the world now. I had tears flowing while listening to Glenn's. It's going to take time, for sure.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I had post a story about what happened to me yesterday.

I don't know if it was a sign or what. I was thinking about Glenn at that moment and then bam Already Gone comes on the radio or was playing when the radio came on. I guess I have my purse to thank for bumping into my radio and cutting it on that moment. I was playing the Live in Dublin cd on my phone and I had been thinking about Glenn off and on for the last few days. Just saying to myself I can't believe he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Yeah - I got a little kick out of The Onion article too.

And AG - I had forgotten about that interview, but I know exactly which one you are referring too.

Since we are going to be getting hit with a major snowstorm tomorrow, I went out to do the grocery store thing this afternoon. After reading some of your posts about how listening to the music has helped you, I decided to maybe give it a try while I was driving. I don't know why, but I selected a CD that I had made after my mother's passing with all of her favorite Glenn/Eagles songs. I stuck the CD about halfway in the drive, and immediately pulled it back out. Right away, I knew it was a bad idea - I figured running down the road driving my car while sobbing was surely not the way to help me loosen my load. Since I'll be snowed in most of this weekend, I'll probably try again soon. I'll eventually come around, I'm just a bit slow. I think I'll feel better once we hear about plans for the memorial service.
    I remember the interview too. I replayed it many times after it aired.

I have managed to watch a few video clips that I had not seen before & Glenn's performance of "Desperado" on Letterman, but that's all. I still can't put in a CD of the Eagles or Glenn's solo work. I can't keep from reading all the comments, articles & tributes on the web though. Many are still bringing tears to my eyes. I'm hoping to feel better when we hear about the memorial service too.

Stuck on the Border

I've been waiting for Cameron Crowe and from his recent tweets it was obvious he was working on it. He paints a vivid picture.

And to add to the music and autobigraphy we won't get to hear, there's the recurring role in Roadies that I'd been hoping for since I first read about the project.

Another thought - as we're not going to get the autobography, wouldn't a biography from Cameron Crowe be great.

I've been listening to Eagles and solo music exclusively in the past couple days - what really hurts for me is watching videos of Glenn. I watched F1, which made me miss his goofy dancing during ASWTDID, and my mom shared a performance of Desperado that he did on Facebook, which got me very sad. I'm not even gonna touch HFO for a while because that will definitely get me crying.

My philosophy professor also brought up Glenn's passing in class today. All I could do was sigh and look down at the table.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Is it wrong that the satire article made me laugh a bit? It would be a fitting thing to do for "America's band".
    AG, I too laughed but I think the bit of levity was a healthy ice -breaker. Besides, after reading so many comments about Glenn's incredible sense of humor I have to think he would have found it humorous too.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love