Page 37 of 92 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

My apologies if this has been posted before. It's a podcast where Rusty Young talks about knowing Glenn before he was famous. He's really broken up about Glenn's passing. http://thesoundla.com/2016/01/podcas...ks-glenn-frey/

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

On the way home from the doctor's office a few hours ago, Bob Seger's Against the Wind came on the radio. I choked back a few tears because I knew that Glenn sang backing vocals on that song. I told my mom that Glenn sang on that song. She responded with "Will you shut up about Glenn? He died. Yes, it sad that he did, but he's just a musician. It's not like when your dad died. It happened, and you need to get over it". She ranted for a good 5 minutes. All I could do was not look at her, keep my tears at bay, and remind myself that she doesn't understand. (That hurt badly)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    On the way home from the doctor's office a few hours ago, Bob Seger's Against the Wind came on the radio. I choked back a few tears because I knew that Glenn sang backing vocals on that song. I told my mom that Glenn sang on that song. She responded with "Will you shut up about Glenn? He died. Yes, it sad that he did, but he's just a musician. It's not like when your dad died. It happened, and you need to get over it". She ranted for a good 5 minutes. All I could do was not look at her, keep my tears at bay, and remind myself that she doesn't understand. (That hurt badly)
    All due respect to your mom, AG, but... what the hell? That's so not okay. Glenn was like a family member for all of us and that's how we'll grieve for him. That said, I hope that being on the Border is helping you out.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    All due respect to your mom, AG, but... what the hell? That's so not okay. Glenn was like a family member for all of us and that's how we'll grieve for him. That said, I hope that being on the Border is helping you out.
    My mom doesn't understand me nor my deeply passionate love of music. She can't comprehend how much this has affected me. This is par for the course for her, actually. Right now, I'm just trying to keep my distance from her. The border has indeed helped meout alot. . Thanks to everyone here because ya'll can understand.
    -Kim-

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well I spent most of today in the hospital. I have epilepsy, and thus I have to be careful because seizures can get triggered if I don't take care of myself. Still, these last two days, I haven't been eating or sleeping much, I've been having bouts of hysterical crying and bouts of numbness where I just stare at nothing in silence. Finally, the stress took its toll. This morning, I had a seizure in front of my apartment complex and I got taken to the hospital. I'm OK now except for a scratch near my eye and a horrible headache, but I do need to find a way to cope better. This thread has been really helping me.
    I am new here but please take care of your self

At church, my youth pastor was talking to the teenagers about some interesting subjects.

So she started to talk certain people you should stay away. So she brought turkeys and eagles. One stays grounded and the other flies high. When she brought up eagles. I just wanted to cry and then my radio coming on after my purse hit the on button.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 01-21-2016 at 10:25 PM.

Found this a few minutes ago. I've never heard of the man, but apparently he did some photos for the band.
    -Kim-

I hear what you guys are saying about the thread title. Is "Farewell Glenn Frey" better?

ETA: AG, I'm sorry your mother is so unsympathetic.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I think I know what is triggers me to start crying. Its not the ability to listen or hear Glenn's songs on the radio or watch videos that's getting me, its when I see the words: "Glenn Frey 1948 - 2016", "as we mourn", "as we pay tribute", or "we've lost". I just can't read anything that remind me Glenn is gone. That's when reality sets in and tells me he's gone and you're not dreaming. .

I think I see why I'm able to listen to any of his songs on the radio or Pandora/IHeart Radio. I mourn that way until I'm reminded that he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I hear what you guys are saying about the thread title. Is "Farewell Glenn Frey" better?

ETA: AG, I'm sorry your mother is so unsympathetic.
    "Farewell" me cry too, although I don't know what wouldn't. It just sounds so final. "Remembering Glenn Frey", "Tributes to Glenn Frey". Maybe those aren't quite right. Anybody have any other ideas?