Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Border Desperado

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

The only good positive thing, Maybe, is here when the Glenn Frey real legend just begins. Peace.
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

Stuck on the Border

There does seem to be greater understanding and appreciation of Glenn's part in creating the Eagles. Also, the record companies have now made all ofGlenn's solo back catalogue available in digitial format.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I've managed to only cry once in the past 24 hours, but I still feel overwhelming sadness. I still can't believe that he's gone. I've tried convincing myself of it, but my mind just can't believe it.

I'm glad that all of Glenn's solo material is available digitally because the prices for cd copies has skyrocketed. Amazon is out of stock of After Hours,The Allnighter and NFA. There's people on Amazon charging $20(used) up to $60+(new) for them. (I know that NFA is hard to find) I don't have After Hours at all, and I do want to get it next month, but I might have to wait.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but it's a nice explanation for a 50 year-old about why he was sad about recent deaths.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/new...e56281105.html

Out on the Border WitchyWoman92's Avatar

I am hoping one of these days I will get to a point where hearing Eagles music or reading Eagles/Glenn Frey related things online won't make me want to cry. I'm actually watching a VHS of Hell Freezes Over which arrived from amazon today and am fine for the most part but its probably because I didn't see one of those RA drug commercials today. I don't know if I mentioned that yesterday when I saw one of those commercials come on tv without warning I started crying all over again. Whenever I hear them harmonize all I can think is how much I will miss those harmonies. I was listening to my mom's copy of the first album and all I could think is that it's the end of an era.

I have to keep reminding myself that Glenn is in a better place where he is no longer in pain. I admire him for sticking it out during the History of the Eagles tour when he must have been in such excruciating pain. As many times as I try to remind myself that he is in that better place its just not fair that he is gone. I might have mentioned before that I saw the 2013 Eagles show in Philly on this last tour and I wasn't expecting him to pass on three years after that show. I wish I had been more prepared.
    Last edited by WitchyWoman92; 01-27-2016 at 01:34 AM.

I still can't bring myself to listen to Glenn or the Eagles, and I can't watch videos. Even reading tributes is hard. I tried but I got too upset. I find getting back to a routine and distracting myself helps, but then something will come out of nowhere... like today, in my British Literature class when we were discussing Byron's poem "Darkness," a student was talking about "living in darkness" and I just swallowed hard. The same thing happened when a student said "I volunteer." I mean, I know it's silly, but the littlest things remind me of him. I don't fall apart or anything, but it hurts.

I still have him as my phone wallpaper, as my computer wallpaper, as my ringtone, as my homepage... I'm still using my Glenn Frey keychain, magnets, mugs.... Glenn Frey posters, framed signed albums, framed signed photos adorn my walls... and I wonder if I should change them / put them away because it hurts to see them, but it feels wrong to do so.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I still can't bring myself to listen to Glenn or the Eagles, and I can't watch videos. Even reading tributes is hard. I tried but I got too upset. I find getting back to a routine and distracting myself helps, but then something will come out of nowhere... like today, in my British Literature class when we were discussing Byron's poem "Darkness," a student was talking about "living in darkness" and I just swallowed hard. The same thing happened when a student said "I volunteer." I mean, I know it's silly, but the littlest things remind me of him. I don't fall apart or anything, but it hurts.

I still have him as my phone wallpaper, as my computer wallpaper, as my ringtone, as my homepage... I'm still using my Glenn Frey keychain, magnets, mugs.... Glenn Frey posters, framed signed albums, framed signed photos adorn my walls... and I wonder if I should change them / put them away because it hurts to see them, but it feels wrong to do so.
    I am doing a lof of those things too and I intend to keep doing them.

Out on the Border

My heart is breaking knowing that Glenn is gone from this world and the Eagles as we know it will no longer be there. My first concert was to see the Eagles. I remember it like it was yesterday even though we were in the nose bleed section it was fabulous. Glenn and Don were writing geniuses and at least their songs will live on forever. RIH Glenn and believe me you will be missed.

Out on the Border WitchyWoman92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

I understand why that would hurt but I'm certain he would want you to keep them up to honor his memory. I almost made Glenn Frey my cover photo on Facebook but didn't. It might be too soon although I did see a couple of other people in Eagles FB groups with Glenn Frey pictures on their pages. I couldn't find a picture I wanted to use, anyway.

Glenn is my cover photo on FB... Everyone handles it differently. Right now I'm watching and listening to all of the Eagles and Glenn videos and music I can. I've wore my Eagles tshirt out and about...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."