Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

Thank you for the music, the entertainment, and for being the soundtrack to my life growing up.
    Rest in peace Glenn Frey.
    The end of an era...
    Shattered......

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

It was all too surreal until I read Don's statement. My tears are nothing compared to those of you who hold Glenn deep in your heart daily. Of course I feel for his family, bandmates and close friends... But my heart hurts for so many of you here, Especially Soda. Without her true appreciation of Glenn this online community would not exist. while I haven't been on here in a very long time, it was always comforting to know that it was here... The knowledge and friends I gained when I was a daily visitor has not been forgotten. So many fans devastated… An era has ended…

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Bob Seger remembers Glenn Frey.

"I knew him for 50 years," an emotional Seger told Billboard. "He was a great kid. I always kind of thought of him as my baby brother, a little bit. He was f---ing brilliant. He was a joy to be around. I always looked forward to seeing him. It was always memorable. He had an amazing sense of humor and was just smart, whip-smart."
    "Every time I saw him in the last 10, 11 years, he was so grateful to the fans," Seger said of Frey. "The first thing he'd say to me -- normally he'd start with a joke or something -- but then he'd say to me, 'Isn't it amazing, Bob, we're still doing this at our age? I am so grateful that these fans keep coming out.' And he meant it, every word. He was definitely sincere."
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...source=twitter
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Out on the Border

I am absolutely devastated. Was in the car when I received a text and feverishly began searching the internet praying it was not true. If I had the opportunity to meet one celebrity it would have been Glenn. In a weird way, I always thought I would. Can't say enough how much his work has shaped my life. I know those of you on here know exactly what I mean. Saw them many times but so glad to have seen one of their last concerts this past summer.

Prayers to Glenn's family and friends and to all of you. Things just won't be the same.

Border Desperado Islander canuck's Avatar

Rest in peace. Thank you for the music.

I was shocked and sad to hear about Glenn’s passing. At 67, he was too young to die. My condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace, Glenn.

Don Felder paid tribute to Glenn on Facebook last night.

Stuck on the Border

This is a very sad day. It was sad when Lemmy died, but it didn't touch me personally. Then Bowie died, and it was really "close to home" emotionally. This one is home. Glenn was one of my first musical heroes, and he never ceased to be one.

Sometimes when a rock musicians dies, there are tons of people praising him/her - some of whom probably hadn't listened to his/her music he/she was alive. Whereas I'm pretty sure there are tons of people who have enjoyed Glenn's music without knowing it. I hope I'm wrong, but I have this fear that while many people tend to be overpraised when they have passed away, Glenn still won't be recognized for what he really was among the masses. I wish more people would realize how selfless Glenn was in the Eagles - how he really cared about what he thought was good for the band. In the latter part of the 70's he sang less and less, gave one of his best guitar solos away, didn't push his ideas on the albums just because they were his. I don't think that's a very common quality in the human race. I don't have many Facebook friends, but I tried to do my share and say this about Glenn to those who care to read my posts. Having said that, I don't think Glenn minds too much even if people still don't realize this stuff. After all, he was a real team player.

"Sooner or later we all have to die" and in the big picture (which Glenn always saw) I'll get over this, but at the moment I'm very sad. RIP Glenn, I love you.
    Last edited by chaim; 01-19-2016 at 08:34 AM.

I am still struggling for words to describe what I'm feeling.. shocked, devastated.. heartbroken all come to mind.

Glenn is gone; much too early. May he Rest in Peace, knowing the joy he brought to so many with his talent and amazing music. For those of us who got to interact with Glenn we've got some very special memories to be cherished always.

My thoughts and best wishes to Cindy, the children, the Eagles and everyone on this board as we all struggle to come to terms with this shattering event.

The Eagles era has ended.

Out on the Border

Gutted doesn't even come close. Rest in Peace Glenn.