Page 72 of 92 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

My dad tells me he is in pain all the time. He can't take strong pain medication anymore because it damages his liver. I feel so bad for him! There are good days and bad days, but he says the pain is always there. He hides it in public and nobody outside the family hears him complain. I guess Glenn was probably the same way.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

My nana is 95 and she has arthritis fairly badly. Having cerebral palsy puts me at increase risk for arthritis and it'll show up sooner than in normal people. Even now I can feel the effects of the deformed joints. My mom and uncle, who are in their 50s, are starting to develop arthritis.

This awkward conversation my mom and I had this afternoon reminded me just how short life could be, and that I need to enjoy life and do something more.

I'm eating lunch in the living room, and am still feeling yucky from yesterday. My mom sits down in her chair. She has a serious look on her face.

Her: You're old enough now that we need to discuss something.
    Me: What do we need to discuss?
    Her: Your funeral arrangements and wishes, in case something happens.
    Me:WHA???????
    My mom then asks several questions about what I would want done. NY answers consisted of "I don't know" or "I don't care".
    After about the 6th question, I spoke up.
    Me: Mom, I'm 20. I haven't thought about this stuff and I don't want to. I shouldn't have to worry about this stuff for a long time.
    Her: Your dad was only 49 when he died. He never told me his wants and wishes, so your brother and I had to wing it. I don't want to have to wing yours, if necessary. You never know what can happen.

I told my mom that I would have to think about it, and get back to her. I honestly don't care what she does about most things related to this if I die before her, but she is right about not knowing what can happen. Reality has slapped me if the face. Don't take tomorrow for granted. If there's one positive thing that I took from Glenn's death, it's that. Us youngsters do tend to take life for granted.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Ones own death is the last thing that would be on any 20 year olds mind Kim. But your mom and Grandma have been through this with your dad. It's left its mark and they feel vulnerable and anxious that if something were to happen you they'd want to do it right. If it was one of my kids I'd want to do it right too. My husband and I (I sound like the queen) have a good idea what the other person would like in this event too. Why don't you just jot down a few ideas on a page and give them to your mom and grandma? They'll feel better and you'll have them off your back too.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ga, that's a great idea for Kim.

Soda, I'm so sorry about your Dad being in so much pain. Prayers for him.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Thanks for that idea, Ga. I'll do that.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Tiger Darrow Remembers Studying Under the Eagles' Glenn Frey at NYU

In reading this article about a student of Glenn Frey's when he was teaching at NYU it's heartwarming to know the positive effect/impact he had on his students and what they may accomplish in years to come because of him.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/music/...at-nyu-7946433

Watch YouTube video of Tiger Darrow's song Aqua Vitae at above link - she's amazing.

Some wonderful pics of Glenn Frey at Steinhardt NYC and beautiful remembrances from faculty and students:

http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/news/2016/...ey_Remembrance
    Last edited by Dawn; 03-23-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Out on the Border

Thumbs up Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post

In reading this article about a student of Glenn Frey's when he was teaching at NYU it's heartwarming to know the positive effect/impact he had on his students and what they may accomplish in years to come because of him.

Watch YouTube video of Tiger Darrow's song Aqua Vitae at above link - she's amazing.

Some wonderful pics of Glenn Frey at Steinhardt NYC and beautiful remembrances from faculty and students:

What a heartfelt article. How lucky were those students who got to share Glenn's wisdom.
    Thanks for sharing.

Out on the Border

Thumbs up Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post

What a heartfelt article. How lucky were those students who got to share Glenn's wisdom.
    Thanks for sharing.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for finding that Dawn. Tiger is very talented and she and her classmates were definitely very lucky to have Glenn as a mentor.

I reread the post in another thread with Jack Tempchin's poem that he wrote for Glenn and it put me in a reflective mood. Unfortunately, that mood is filled with sadness. I'm sure there will be a day when I read it again and be comforted by it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for finding that Dawn. Tiger is very talented and she and her classmates were definitely very lucky to have Glenn as a mentor.

I reread the post in another thread with Jack Tempchin's poem that he wrote for Glenn and it put me in a reflective mood. Unfortunately, that mood is filled with sadness. I'm sure there will be a day when I read it again and be comforted by it.

You're welcome - I couldn't agree with you more - Glenn had a special relationship with the students in his class and it's heartwarming to know how much they benefited from and appreciated his talent and enthusiasm.

Dawn