Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    I find I am mourning on two fronts. First for Glenn's passing but also for the end of the Eagles without a true chance to say goodbye as fans.

Both hurt tremendously and I can only hope the remaining Eagles give us some sort of a show (centred around a Glenn tribute?) as a farewell in the near future.
    I see "The History of the Eagles" tour as a pretty good farewell to fans and they managed it without missing a show.

Out on the Border bashful badger's Avatar

Unbelievably sad. My Mum suffered from both rheumatoid arthritis and ulcerative colitis. Very difficult conditions to manage. It's incredible that he coped with the workload that he did and gave so much to the world.

He has outsoared the shadow of our night;
    Envy and calumny, and hate and pain,
    And that unrest which men miscall delight,
    Can touch him not and torture not again ...
    Last edited by bashful badger; 01-19-2016 at 10:21 AM. Reason: spacing

Sitting on the couch yesterday when the news came through. Felt like someone kicked me in the stomach. I never met him personally but I feel like I have lost my best friend. Makes me even more grateful for all the HOTE shows I was privileged to see!! Still can't believe this is true.
    RIP Glenn. My best to Glenn's family, the other Eagles band members and everyone who loved him.

Quote Originally Posted by bashful badger View Post
    Unbelievably sad. My Mum suffered from both rheumatoid arthritis and ulcerative colitis. Very difficult conditions to manage. It's incredible that he coped with the workload that he did and gave so much to the world.

He has outsoared the shadow of our night;
    Envy and calumny, and hate and pain,
    And that unrest which men miscall delight,
    Can touch him not and torture not again ...
    Thanks, sis. Our Dad's had a stroke and is due out of hospital today and I can't think about saying the words 'Glenn Frey has died' without bursting into tears.

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014...-casanova.html

Out on the Border

Having had a night here (in NYC coincidentally) to reflect on the passing of Glenn Frey, my musical role model, and fielding the various texts, notes, and calls from shocked and saddened friends, I feel infinite loss and sadness but also tremendous gratitude.

The Eagles were the defining group of my youth, when my musical sensibilities were developing. Glenn Frey's cool, relaxed, semi-country way of singing those wonderfully accessible melodies and themes combined with the unbeatable harmonies just grabbed ahold of me and became the sound track of my life. I remember copying his lead to Witchy Woman note for note as maybe the first guitar lead I ever played.

I have played the Eagles' songs throughout the years in so many places and variations I can't even remember, and of course most special in the last 6 years as part of the Alter Eagles.

Having had the honor of paying tribute to Glenn Frey and the music of the Eagles all these years, how can I feel anything other than intense gratitude to him for what his contribution has meant in my life and those of my bandmates? What a sad loss and way, way too soon.

RIP, prayers and Godspeed Glenn Frey. Thank you for all you gave us and for inspiring so many, including a 12 year old boy in Ruskin, Florida trying to find his own voice

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    Don Felder paid tribute to Glenn on Facebook last night.

An awesome tribute from Felder!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

The Golf Channel's website put a memorial article up.
    http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf...-legend-011916
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Lost for words when I found out that Glenn was gone. Still can't believe it, still in shock. Can't imagine what his family and the band are going through, my thoughts are with them all, and for everyone here. I tried to get on the board when I actually found out at 2 am, but couldn't get on. It was almost as if it had gone into mourning.
    Rest easy Glenn.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    Article from the Detroit Free press with new info from Bob Seger :

http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...t-67/78977100/
    Wow, makes me wonder how they kept this a secret for so long! I wish we could have known that things weren't going well. It would have made it a bit more bearable. So sorry Glenn had to go through all of this. Thoughts and prayers for his family and the rest of the band. A very sad time for all Eagles fans.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

It has taken me until this morning to full grasp the magnitude of the news but I haven't come to terms with it yet. Over recent past weeks I think we've all been lulled into a state of 'no news is good news' regarding Glenn and his health issues by virtue of the lack of reports and knowing that his style is to pull back from the media to deal with private, personal matters. After the initial news reports last fall that he would be undergoing surgery and entering into a prolonged recovery period, I guess we all assumed (because of the lack of updates) that he was on the mend. As the news reports have filtered out, particularly the item in the Detroit Free Press and statements from Bob Seger, we now sadly know otherwise.

Glenn's contributions thru his stellar career have been the foundation for the music of our lives and it's impossible to grasp that we've come to the end of an era on so many levels. I will always be grateful for his talent, his determined work ethic and, most importantly, that he selflessly shared it with the world and gave us so much to love. His easy banter on stage and even the jokes that we heard so many times will bring a smile to my face when recalled. Glenn lives on in our hearts and thru the music...he'll always be with us.

I'm paraphrasing here but when Mom and I talked lastnight she said it best: He always appreciated his fans and knew that the band would not have achieved their longevity and tremendous success without us, but from his vantage point in Heaven he's going to have a new understanding of the love and respect we all have for him.

I'll never stop missing him and the countless gifts he's given us thru his music but every time I see an eagle soaring in the sky I'll see Glenn and will know that he is okay.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love