Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: I Love To Watch A Woman Dance

Stuck on the Border

I have said before that Don had ample opportunity to state whether or not he wanted to record the song, given that they had been kicking it around since 1995 and they had both apparently informed Larry McNally they were going to record it.

I have to say that the attempt to 'Eagle-ise it' by adding backing vocals didn't really work. What Glenn should have done was minimise the amount of accordion and let the other three Eagles play something on it.

Regardless, I remain grateful for its existence.

Default Re: I Love To Watch A Woman Dance

"Her warm breath against my neck... slowly breaking down my will."

HOT.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    "Her warm breath against my neck... slowly breaking down my will."

HOT.

Yes. The entire song is hot, in my opinion.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow! I agree the song is totally hot! And I am so glad that I actually had the honor of seeing it performed live several times.

Now - I can't believe all the thought-provoking discussions that have been going on in so many threads about song lyrics. I've had a busy week and don't have much board time. I'll have to weigh in on some of these discussions a few threads at a time. I'm going to have to 'take it easy' with all this overload.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Overload is right! Teacher gave us too much homework!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Initially I didn't like this one - I hate the thought of somebody watching me dance, so the title on its own was enough to put me off. Once I started thinking of it as "I love to watch a specific woman dance" though it began to grow on me.

It's not yet a favourite, but I would welcome the opportunity to hear Glenn perform it live & change my mind!!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Default I Love to Watch a Women Dance

So I was listening to this song off Long Road out of Eden and to my ear what I love about it is it sounds like Glenn's old voice from the early 70s when it was still nasally and more twangy before he had a nose operation and his voice became more soulful. Its an understated vocal but it feels like the Glenn of the first lineup again.

though i must say i hate the overuse of the word Dance at oen point popping up three times in a space of two sentences! worldclass songwriters but that sounded really amateur heres' the quote;

"this dance may be our only dance, So we danced.. WHAT?" I feel that's like Songwriting 101, it didnt even sound ironic haha, anyway let me know what the rest of you ontheborders think of this song and the points I brought up . Peace
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Border Troubadour

Default Re: I Love to Watch a Women Dance

In their defence they didn't write it! However, I will concede that it does also annoy me too, specifically '... this dance, may be our only dance...' when 'only chance' works just as well.

I do like the song however. As I have said a million times over, I am not a fan of the general compilation of Long Road, and this is certainly a song where Glenn did 100% of everything you hear, but it is a nice song. Same as Henley's For My Wedding (written by the same fella) and Bernie's I Wish You Peace. None are my favourite, but all three are pleasant.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OTB - I moved your post to this existing thread for the song.

I am admittedly very biased partly because I saw Glenn perform this song live several times and it was so moving, I thought I was literally going to pass out. Of course, it didn't hurt when Glenn dedicated the song to Soda, PLS, and I at one of his shows in Niagara Falls. So, yeah it was the thrill of a lifetime and I guess you can say I absolutely adore the song.

And tlr - I like your idea of 'only chance'.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

OtB74...I went back and read the lyrics. While it is repetitive, I find the song/performance quite sensual, and hadn't even noticed that fact! In my opinion, with her being a dancer, Glenn did the song for his wife, Cindy.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."