Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I Love To Watch A Woman Dance

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Default I Love To Watch A Woman Dance

Ok, I didn't know where to post so I made a new topic for this song.
    Don't slap me but I must say pleeeeeeeease forgive me, Glenn I don't like this song very much. It's a bit too schmaltzy for my taste.

Border Desperado

This song makes me cringe. Lyrically I find it just a bit creepy and I can't believe it made the final cut for the CD. It also seems a bit out of place among the weightier songs on the second disc.

I agree--it is out of place on this CD. I hit the "skip" button when this song starts. It should've been saved for one of Glenn's solo efforts.

It is a bit out of place on the disc but I love Glenn's vocal. It would be creepy if she didn't want to dance with him, but she does, so it moves beyond observation to participation. It reminds me thematically a bit of "Lady in Red" by Chris DeBurgh, where he starts out talking about how good the woman looks and how many men want her, then later winds up dancing with her himself.

The part I like best is the slow-dancing part. What a visual! So sexy. This song is especially hot live.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

While Glenn sounds great, I have to agree with the first three. I just don't care for the song itself. Like I said, Glenn's performance is well done, but it's just one of those songs that I hit skip on But did I mention that Glenn sounds great?

Default ILTWAWD

I'm not crazy about this one either. Not sure why, just doesn't do it for me, although I can see why so many of you do like it. Think maybe I just need to listen to it some more.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I agree with Soda and Maleah on Glenn's vocal. His voice sounds wonderful. But for me it's not enough. Soda, you and others were lucky to see him doing this song live. It often happens to me that I change my mind when I see an artist live. But in this case I doubt I get the chance.

Stuck on the Border

Lovely in its simplicity, but out of place on the album. It is amazing to see live.

My oldest son was looking at the cd cover and saw this title. He said, "I Love to Watch a Woman Dance" and then gave a thoughtful, "Hmmmm".

I said, "There is no pole or dollar bills involved." To which he replied, "Oh."

Stuck on the Border

I think the vocal is so astounding that it doesn't bother me whether it is schmaltzy or not.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    Lovely in its simplicity, but out of place on the album. It is amazing to see live.

My oldest son was looking at the cd cover and saw this title. He said, "I Love to Watch a Woman Dance" and then gave a thoughtful, "Hmmmm".

I said, "There is no pole or dollar bills involved." To which he replied, "Oh."
    I can see me telling my son that, Molly. Not!

Listening to the cd today with my hubby. Hubby looked at me and said "What the hell is this?" I like the song and Glenn's vocal is gorgeous, but I really don't think it's an Eagles song and is very out of place on this album.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten