Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: So are they breaking up?!

Default Re: So are they breaking up?!

i would assume that since glenn is gone that so are the eagles. however, stranger things have happened.

Irving said in this article http://ultimateclassicrock.com/irvin...death-comment/

Now, says Azoff, he and the surviving band members are left to say goodbye to the band after a 20-year reunion run that “nobody regrets” while wondering what they might have been able to add to their legacy with a little more time. Saying their next project would have been called “Pigs Are Gonna Fly,” Azoff admitted the obvious: “It doesn’t look like” the group will be able to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    The Eagles died the day Glenn died.

There is no way that Don will tour as the Eagles without Glenn. They probably will play together as a tribute or with each other on albums etc but the band 'Eagles' is no more.
    DD, that pretty much sums it up for me, too. It's a very sad reality.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

I really think this says it all:

Azoff admitted the obvious: “It doesn’t look like” the group will be able to continue.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I think it will be just like in the '80s - a couple of the guys will play together from time to time, Timothy will play with friends like Ringo Starr, maybe another solo tour (but I doubt it), Joe will do his thing, Don will do his thing, Tim and Joe might play together on something, Tim and Don might do something together, etc...Don and Joe might meet up somewhere...Those 3 will not tour or record as the Eagles.

The real question is if any previously-unreleased material (video, audio, song sheets) will be released - this could be a good time for that...

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    The real question is if any previously-unreleased material (video, audio, song sheets) will be released - this could be a good time for that...
    I've wondered the same thing, MC. I seem to recall Joe saying something a while back about them working on new material and there's bound to be some unreleased recordings secreted away somewhere, both old and maybe new. But there are no doubt a lot of legal issues that would surround those.

IMO, if there was ever any thought given to putting out a HOTE tour DVD it should really happen. What a beautiful tribute to memorialize Glenn! I can't believe that in all the time they toured for HOTE there hasn't been bountiful filming done at various venues by their own people.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

The founder has died. I wouldn't call it breaking up-more like abruptly ended due to horrible circumstance. Breaking up implies argument and anger. This is not that.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by 1EyedWick View Post
    I do not mean to be rude or crass asking this question...and I actually do understand why for a few reasons BUT I do not understand on some levels why no one anywhere from what I can see has posted a simple question about The Eagles concerning Glenn's passing (R.I.P). Are the Eagles breaking up?! Are they continuing?! Why has not a single thought passed and been posted anywhere in the media or fans concerning this?! I'm dumbfounded.
    I do not mean to be rude or crass either, but I think the real answer has been repeated several times in this thread – it’s too early to be asking these kinds of questions. It’s only been two days since Glenn’s passing and this should be a time for everyone to be dealing with that and focusing on paying tribute to him. I realize I may be super-sensitive right now, but that’s the reason we observe periods of mourning in our culture. As they say, there is a time and a place for everything – and this isn't it. There will be plenty of more appropriate times in the coming weeks and months for Don, Joe, and Timothy to sort through these matters and for fans to speculate. Besides, as GlennLover pointed out, Irving pretty much addressed the matter at least for now.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 01-20-2016 at 11:35 PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border AftertheThrill's Avatar

I think the Eagles run is over but they won't break up. It's just the book has ended.

Editing to add: I've been mourning the loss of Glenn and the loss of the Eagles. I knew that someday they would call it quits but I thought it would be after a concert in LA. (My dream was a final, taped concert at the Troubordour). I never thought the end would be a death.

When Lynyrd Skynyrd lost three members including Ronnie Van Zant who is irreplacible like Glenn the surving member formed the Rossington Collins band for a little bit so they can do something lile that new band new music new members. With the tribute to the fallen leaders at the end of shows.