Thread: So are they breaking up?!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border

Default Re: So are they breaking up?!

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    If Roger and Brian's current Queen show is performed to half empty venues, I'm sure they'll both consider wrapping it all up but if there is still a demand to see them, I don't see a problem with them continuing. They obviously still love doing it and what elseare they gonna do? the audiences still seem to to love it too. Remember, attendance is optional, you can completely ignore them if you wish. You'd have to be a bit of a grump to spoil their fun.

Same for the Eagles. If Irving is still employed as the Eagles manager, he's kinda obliged to present them with projects to consider. There is a question of authenticity but the Eagles regularly changed line ups throughout their career.

I'm sure the Eagles fans in the 70s would have been firmly against the band appearing on stage with the comfort blanket of a huge team of backing musicians but it hasn't affected their popularity or sale-ability.

Both Don and Joe have said, they hope that their best material is in front of them. They'll certainly get more new music done working separately rather than as a team but I almost expect Irving to have them all, including Tim and Bernie, together again at some point in the future.

I can see a demand for the considered, Hotel California tour that Henley talked about. J.D. Souther was the prime writer of New Kid In Town, so he could stand in for Glenn as Jackson did at the Grammys. I presume they had considered some options for Meisner's Try And Love Again. Felder may even be considering a Hotel California anniversary tour of his own.

It's still much too close to Glenn's loss for serious consideration.
    It is not 'fun' without Glenn. Once again you completely underestimate his importance. He may have meant nothing to you, but for millions he cannot be replaced. This is not just another 'lineup change'.

I do not see Irving as obliged to do anything. The band doesn't exist any more, it's that simple. I don't know why it is so hard to understand.

Furthermore Henley clearly stated in his interview that there would now be no Hotel California tour. Argue this all you wish; it is certainly your right to do so. I won't respond to any future posts of this type.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-11-2016 at 05:26 PM.