Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: So are they breaking up?!

Out on the Border

Default So are they breaking up?!

I do not mean to be rude or crass asking this question...and I actually do understand why for a few reasons BUT I do not understand on some levels why no one anywhere from what I can see has posted a simple question about The Eagles concerning Glenn's passing (R.I.P). Are the Eagles breaking up?! Are they continuing?! Why has not a single thought passed and been posted anywhere in the media or fans concerning this?! I'm dumbfounded.

Default Re: So are they breaking up?!

Too soon to ask this IMO.

I personally think the Eagles are over. I always thought they would retire soon & stop touring. I never expected it to end like this. I can't see anyone replacing Glenn in the band.
    I think they will all do solo work at their own pace, as they have really done all along, but as for the Eagles, I think it really is over.
    They may at their solo shows do some more Eagle songs than they used to do, but that's it.

I can hardly wrap my mind around the whole thing. As if it hasn't really sunk in yet, & I am surprised myself at the extent this has hit me. Glenn was not my favorite Eagle, but he is irreplaceable, as far as I can see.
    He will be greatly missed.

RIP Mr. Frey & thank you for all the wonderful music, concerts & memories

Out on the Border

These were and are my thoughts as well...but needless to say...don't you all find it fascinating that not one media source or post has been done asking this simple and basic question concerning the subject at hand? I would have thought a simple mentioning of it would not have been too bad.

I would imagine that the Eagles are basically Glenn's group (right?) that that would be the end...at least for a period of time...but I do think that groups should at some point down the road should be allowed to continue.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Just posted my thoughts on this in the other thread where you asked.

I think it's too soon, but I don't see the Eagles touring without Glenn. Ever. Don has said it was Glenn's decision. It was Glenn's band.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I could see them coming together for benefits, maybe bring in an old friend like Jackson or JD to take Glenn's part but I'd be shocked if they would consider anything more. I'm kind of hoping they'll do a benefit in Glenn's name for research and treatment of auto-immune diseases.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by 1EyedWick View Post
    These were and are my thoughts as well...but needless to say...don't you all find it fascinating that not one media source or post has been done asking this simple and basic question concerning the subject at hand? I would have thought a simple mentioning of it would not have been too bad.

I would imagine that the Eagles are basically Glenn's group (right?) that that would be the end...at least for a period of time...but I do think that groups should at some point down the road should be allowed to continue.
    It isn't a question of them being 'allowed' to continue. The gap is too great. Led Zeppelin did not continue after the death of John Bonham. This is even more significant.

In any case I doubt the remaining Eagles have been giving much thought to the question.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I can't foresee Don,Joe, or Timothy continuing to tour as "Eagles". There is no Eagles without Glenn. He founded the band, broke it up, and resumed it. Don Henley may be the voice to some folks, but Glenn was the backbone and heart of the band.

A tribute, yes, I would love that. (I hope that they would record it so that fans can buy it). For now though, I think that the guys aren't gonna do anything for a while.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Troubadour

The Eagles died the day Glenn died.

There is no way that Don will tour as the Eagles without Glenn. They probably will play together as a tribute or with each other on albums etc but the band 'Eagles' is no more.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

IMO it's one too soon and two they wouldn't be the Eagles without Glenn. When Bernie and Randy left they still had Don and Glenn. Now that Glenn is gone (RIP) I seriously doubt there will ever be the Eagles again. I see them doing benefit concerts, etc..But that's about it. No one can replace Mr Glenn Lewis Frey. Simple as that. Don has his solo career, Joe has a solo career so that really leaves Timothy and I'm sure he'll do something else.

It's very sad that this wonderful band created out of 4 young talented men wanting to change music in the 70's and working methodically hard to accomplish that, is over. But I think all we have left is the music that has been recorded.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............