Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: So are they breaking up?!

Banned

Default Re: So are they breaking up?!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It was Frey who broke up the Eagles so the comment that Henley 'never really needed Frey' seems to me not appropriate.

It's only been two weeks & already we are back to this sort of stuff. I really don't need this.
    I see you responded to what you wanted to make it look like I said instead of what I said. I truly don't need that stuff.

The point that the Eagles reunited for easy money is pretty clear. Henley's solo career made all the others look pretty lame. All this nonsense of brothers and such is just talk and we all know it. They named it "Hell Freezes Over" for a reason.

This does not take away from Frey's memory, catalog or talent at all.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by BTSinAustin View Post
    I see you responded to what you wanted to make it look like I said instead of what I said. I truly don't need that stuff.

The point that the Eagles reunited for easy money is pretty clear. Henley's solo career made all the others look pretty lame. All this nonsense of brothers and such is just talk and we all know it. They named it "Hell Freezes Over" for a reason.

This does not take away from Frey's memory, catalog or talent at all.
    I have no idea what point you are trying to make but I repeat, what you are saying is inappropriate at this time.

As for your sarcastic reposting of my words that I don't need this stuff, let me repeat it. I don't. I am having a very hard time at the moment. All I ask is for some respect & sensitivity to be shown.

Banned

I have no idea what point you are trying to make but I repeat, what you are saying is inappropriate at this time.

As for your sarcastic reposting of my words that I don't need this stuff, let me repeat it. I don't. I am having a very hard time at the moment. All I ask is for some respect & sensitivity to be shown.

What stuff are you referring to? No one is allowed to respond to a question about the Eagles breaking up? That is quite odd since that is what happens on a forum. I was not sarcastic, just pointing out that you misquoted me. I think you were the one that jumped all over me last time I came on here.

Stuck on the Border

You said 'Henley never really needed Frey' and I quoted you directly.

I believe that of course Henley & the other remaining Eagles will continue their solo careers.

I suppose I understand why some wish to talk about this, but where I come from it is called dancing on a grave.

Out on the Border Pete Blundell's Avatar

I really enjoyed "The Concert For George" for George Harrison and I would hope one day in the future something similar would be possible as a tribute to Glenn.

I don't know how long that concert took place after George passed away?
    "My man’s got it made; he’s gone far beyond the pain
    And we who must remain go on living just the same..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Blundell View Post
    I really enjoyed "The Concert For George" for George Harrison and I would hope one day in the future something similar would be possible as a tribute to Glenn.

It was exactly a year later.

Banned

You said 'Henley never really needed Frey' and I quoted you directly.
    An incomplete quote is as bad as changing the words but you know that. Let me help you

Henley never really needed Frey after he went solo so I would guess he will do some solo rehash tours. The Eagles reunion tours were easy money and I'm sure he's smart enough to do the same thing with Perfect Beast and End of Innocence material.

I have no idea why you are arguing about this. Henley swept awards, sold crap tons of records and would have never got back with the Eagles unless he was got an offer he couldn't refuse. All this is indisputable.

The fact that Frey was a huge talent that wrote and sang some of the best songs in history (in my opinion) is not being argued.

With you it is all or nothing right?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Blundell View Post

I still listen to that album. Harrison was a huge talent. How amazing to have Clapton as your best friend.

I just watched History of the Eagles the other night again as it was on CNN & Henley said he wanted to get the Eagles back together, as he liked being part of a band. His solo career was successful & he had nothing to prove. He didn't like being responsible for everything , or every wrong note. He liked being part of a band, so I certainly wouldn't say he didn't need Glenn. I think he liked the band rather than being a solo act.

Stuck on the Border

An incomplete quote is as bad as changing the words but you know that. Let me help you

I have no idea why you are arguing about this. Henley swept awards, sold crap tons of records and would have never got back with the Eagles unless he was got an offer he couldn't refuse. All this is indisputable.

The fact that Frey was a huge talent that wrote and sang some of the best songs in history (in my opinion) is not being argued.

With you it is all or nothing right?
    OK then. In a thread about whether the Eagles would continue, I thought the comments about how Henley was the most successful & never needed Frey at that time, while they may have been correct, were disrespectful. The comments about how the reunion was all for money & the 'brothers' references are 'nonsense' I also found extremely disrepectful at this time. The entire thread upsets me so I am leaving it.