Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: So are they breaking up?!

Default Re: So are they breaking up?!

I wish I had gone to that, but I was in South Africa. Did you get any photos? I know they were forbidden, but it would be nice to see them that one last time.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Default To continue the Eagles

This is an open message to Don Henley: Nobody can replace Glenn; we all know that, but to continue the band there is only one choice worthy of being in the band and to give it a shot in the arm, when it is so desperately needed now: and that is Jackson Browne; he's always been in the family as a sort of auxiliary Eagle all along.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: To continue the Eagles

The band does not need a shot in the arm. The band has come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Brian Jasper View Post
    This is an open message to Don Henley: Nobody can replace Glenn; we all know that, but to continue the band there is only one choice worthy of being in the band and to give it a shot in the arm, when it is so desperately needed now: and that is Jackson Browne; he's always been in the family as a sort of auxiliary Eagle all along.

no

Just

No

Agree. We are all so sad because it is over.

Out on the Border

I realize that The Eagles were Glenn's group but in the last few years I have come under the opinion that ALL recording groups should continue both live and as recording artists. That could entail old members and new members. Obviously I would say someone would have the rights to the name of the group but it could be done like a franchise. I think that the sky is the limit here and truly opens doors that no one thought could be possible again. I do think that it might be best for the current members to "break up" or "take a break for a while" such as year or so but they could start up again by touring. As for being needing certain other people who play some other instruments besides the three guys left we all know that groups such as The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Queen, and The Rolling Stones have had back up groups, er, side men and woman who play along with them anyways. So it is not that inconceivable of an idea in my opinion. In the case of The Eagles there is a VERY rich history. What better time than to bring Don Felder, Bernie Leadon, and Randy Meisner?! How exciting that could be!

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I honestly should think that noooo would be the right answer here!!! No one can replace Glenn and above all honestly, none of the other members would think so too!!! He was the sole man of this group and the sole provider!!! No one can replace this man!!! The voice is unique, the music, and his words!!! I don't think anyone can touch them like Glenn did!!! I love that man like no other!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by 1EyedWick View Post
    I realize that The Eagles were Glenn's group but in the last few years I have come under the opinion that ALL recording groups should continue both live and as recording artists. That could entail old members and new members. Obviously I would say someone would have the rights to the name of the group but it could be done like a franchise. I think that the sky is the limit here and truly opens doors that no one thought could be possible again. I do think that it might be best for the current members to "break up" or "take a break for a while" such as year or so but they could start up again by touring. As for being needing certain other people who play some other instruments besides the three guys left we all know that groups such as The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Queen, and The Rolling Stones have had back up groups, er, side men and woman who play along with them anyways. So it is not that inconceivable of an idea in my opinion. In the case of The Eagles there is a VERY rich history. What better time than to bring Don Felder, Bernie Leadon, and Randy Meisner?! How exciting that could be!
    No, it would not.

You appear not to be taking into account Glenn Frey's singing & songwriting.

Please show some respect.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

My first reaction to the Eagles carrying on without their leader is, how? Who's going to sing Glenn's songs? There's only one voice for New Kid in Town, Heartache Tonight, Take It Easy, Lyin' Eyes etc. Not to even mention the guitar or piano parts. What's the point of doing mostly only doing Don Henley songs? That wouldn't be "Eagles". The Eagles simply cannot exist as the band we know and love without Glenn.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Desperado

I think in order for the band to have closure and allow the fans to be part of the process, the band should do a giant tribute to Glenn.
    I think you do this with one tour.
    You invite Don F and Randy M, if they are able, along with Don, Tim, Joe and Bernie.
    Have Jackson, JD, maybe Bob Seger, come in also. Sing your songs....Don, Tim, Joe, do your normal stuff, but have either a member or guest talk about a song of Glenn's, what it meant to them, maybe how they co-wrote it, or something and do those in tribute to Glenn.
    Otherwise, I think the Eagles name should just be retired.
    If Don, Tim and Joe want to keep playing together, do it. Just call it something different. I'd pay to go see that. They could all incorporate more solo material along with the Eagles tunes.
    Just my thoughts.