Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: So are they breaking up?!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: So are they breaking up?!

He DID say "I think" and "I don't think"

"I think that was the final farewell, I don't think you'll see us performing again."

So there is a margin of doubt on that. But, yes, it does sound like the end. Which it should be. imo
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

If Don has learned anything from his 40+ years with the Eagles, it's gotta be "never say never." That said, I certainly don't expect they will perform again and I'm incredibly sad. It would have been less painful for me if all 4 members made a joint decision to retire.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Upset fits how I will/would feel if there isn't a tribute of some kind sometime in the future. The Grammy one was a let down and disappointment, to put it mildly. (Though that isn't the guys' fault)
    But did you hear him say that they didn't want to do it?

If they hadn't, there would have been nothing.

Default Henley: The Eagles won't play again.

Don Henley just gave an interview to the BBC saying the Eagles are over. It was expected, but still sad news. Henley also talks about his solo tour, very cool.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35780920

Default Re: Henley: The Eagles won't play again.

Expected and definitely the right thing to do, but still rough seeing the actual words or hearing it.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Girl From Yesterday View Post
    Newbie here...first actual post in a discussion.
    I happen to also be a huge fan of Queen....
    After Freddie Mercurys death they tried to carry on as Queen + Paul Rogers
    Didn't go over so well ...
    After a little break they added the kid from American Idol...
    I'm a huge Queen fan too..first band I ever saw in 1977. I saw them ten times with Freddie altogether. I really enjoyed the Paul Rodgers thing. He was _so_ different that it worked and he's a legend in his own right. I loved all the Free/Bad Co stuff they did on that tour. Seeing Brian May play Fire and Water was a thrill, although it did sadden me that a large chunk of the Queen audience didn't seem to know who he was. A couple of people near me wondered why they were doing 'Alright Now'.

Now though..I just wish they'd stop. Brian and Roger need to give it up now. It's not like neither of them has a reasonable solo career if they should choose (especially Roger). The Adam Lambert thing I just find embarrasing.

I'd be ok if they did some kind of one off tribute show where various folks filled in on Glenn's parts - but to go back on the road and call it an Eagles tour? No thanks.

Sad to hear, but I'm glad Henley confirmed what we expected.

Quote Originally Posted by beguilingeyes View Post
    I'm a huge Queen fan too..first band I ever saw in 1977. I saw them ten times with Freddie altogether. I really enjoyed the Paul Rodgers thing. He was _so_ different that it worked and he's a legend in his own right. I loved all the Free/Bad Co stuff they did on that tour. Seeing Brian May play Fire and Water was a thrill, although it did sadden me that a large chunk of the Queen audience didn't seem to know who he was. A couple of people near me wondered why they were doing 'Alright Now'.

Now though..I just wish they'd stop. Brian and Roger need to give it up now. It's not like neither of them has a reasonable solo career if they should choose (especially Roger). The Adam Lambert thing I just find embarrasing.
    Agreed ! I love Paul Rogers, in fact taking my son to see Joe Walsh and Bad Company in May.
    I liked that collaboration.
    The Adam Lambert thing is an embarrassment to me too and nd sadly I feel part of the reason he is there is due to his huge fan base who make up a huge part of their audience now.I suspect alot of it is all about the dollar bills .Sadly, all good things must come to an end and Bri and Rog need to just put it to rest.,,they are not and will never be Queen again. I respect John Deacon for acknowledging that .
    That's why I'm sad, but ok with the Eagles ending on a good note rather than turning it into a sad reminder that the Eagles are no longer the Eagles .Some things just need to be left alone .
    But that's just me !

Banned

If Roger and Brian's current Queen show is performed to half empty venues, I'm sure they'll both consider wrapping it all up but if there is still a demand to see them, I don't see a problem with them continuing. They obviously still love doing it and what elseare they gonna do? the audiences still seem to to love it too. Remember, attendance is optional, you can completely ignore them if you wish. You'd have to be a bit of a grump to spoil their fun.

Same for the Eagles. If Irving is still employed as the Eagles manager, he's kinda obliged to present them with projects to consider. There is a question of authenticity but the Eagles regularly changed line ups throughout their career.

I'm sure the Eagles fans in the 70s would have been firmly against the band appearing on stage with the comfort blanket of a huge team of backing musicians but it hasn't affected their popularity or sale-ability.

Both Don and Joe have said, they hope that their best material is in front of them. They'll certainly get more new music done working separately rather than as a team but I almost expect Irving to have them all, including Tim and Bernie, together again at some point in the future.

I can see a demand for the considered, Hotel California tour that Henley talked about. J.D. Souther was the prime writer of New Kid In Town, so he could stand in for Glenn as Jackson did at the Grammys. I presume they had considered some options for Meisner's Try And Love Again. Felder may even be considering a Hotel California anniversary tour of his own.

It's still much too close to Glenn's loss for serious consideration.

I'm not surprise that its over. I'm surprised one of the guys finally talked about losing Glenn. I thought we won't hear anything in interviews from any of them until later (like months down the road). I guess with Don doing the Hyde Park with Carole King and having that interview with BBC, it was bound to come out.

Anyway. I'm still hoping Don, Joe and Timothy still do the Kennedy Center Honors in December. As of right now(I haven't heard anything), its still on for the surviving members and they will get their honors properly in December. So "IF" the guys still do Kennedy Center Honors, that's probably going to be the last time we ever see those three together. "IF" they're not going to do the Kennedy Center Honors, then the Grammys was the last time we ever see them together or performing. "IF" they still do the KCH, it will be very bittersweet knowing Glenn isn't there and they postponed their honor to this year so Glenn could be there.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-11-2016 at 05:16 PM.