Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: So are they breaking up?!

Default Re: So are they breaking up?!

In terms of Glenn IMO it goes without saying that he's beyond irreplaceable within the band; as their leader, a singer/musician, and the force that drove them. The Eagles book is closed and as sad as Don's words make me I'm glad he has addressed their future so promptly.

However I actually don't think at this stage of their careers they would've replaced any of the current Eagles members. An example: if Timothy had been unable to recover or perform after his cancer treatment a few years ago IMO that would've been the end of the band (thankfully it wasn't). I believe this for a few reasons not the least of which is Don and Glenn always strove for authentic perfection and giving their fans an amazing show. This took a lot of work and achieving band dynamics/balance was not an easy task.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

About a hopeful tribute concert I totally agree and really hope they are planning one. I too feel like we as fans need this. I assumed they were since comparing it to the George Harrison tribute concert "The Concert for George" that was held exactly a year after he passed I thought this might be similar. It does take awhile to get these organized. With David Bowie's next month in New York apparently David had it in his will so it's been in the works for awhile, but with Glenn I would imagine it'd be similar to George's and others.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Out on the Border

I would love to see a Tribute concert. I was lucky enough to be at the George Harrison one ( and the Freddie Mercury one) and it's a fitting way to say goodbye and thanks. I like to think that the Eagles are classy enough to avoid the 'flogging a dead horse' route (I'm looking at _you_ Brian May).

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I would like to see something, but I'm not sure if I want to see anyone else performing Glenn's parts.

Many have mentioned the guys doing the tribute concert themselves. Is that what most want? Is that the way the Bowie concert will be, with the rest of his band performing or are other musicians/bands doing the performing? Am I wrong or do most tributes happen this way? I'm not familiar with how they do these. It seems to me most tributes are done by other bands with the band members that are left in the audience. What do you think?

No matter how long, it may be just too painful for the remaining guys to do the performing.

Maybe this should be a new thread? I will start it!
    Last edited by Brooke; 03-14-2016 at 03:26 PM.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

The tribute to George Harrison was an amazing show, which featured all his friends, & he had some mighty talented friends. As I remember Paul, Clapton, Jeff Lynne, Prince, Jagger, Tom Petty & many other famous faces up there. They even included his son & he played guitar with them. This was a few years after his death, I'm pretty sure, not right afterwards.

If a tribute is done for Glenn I would hope it would be similar.
    It was a celebration of his life & his songs, not a memorial.

The Bowie concert is something they do yearly. 12th annual. However, this year it became a memorial show. A few of his band mates will be performing. Mostly other artists are performing.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Quote Originally Posted by beguilingeyes View Post
    I would love to see a Tribute concert. I was lucky enough to be at the George Harrison one ( and the Freddie Mercury one) and it's a fitting way to say goodbye and thanks. I like to think that the Eagles are classy enough to avoid the 'flogging a dead horse' route (I'm looking at _you_ Brian May).

I think we are on the same page ...I do agree with you .. But I do understand that many others feel differently and totally respect that .
    I envy you I understand correctly that you were at the Freddie Mercury and George Harrison tributes ....

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

I did read about this... breaks my heart. I knew it was gonna happen most of us did. But I think it is definitely the right thing to do. He is absolutely irreplaceable.