Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: So are they breaking up?!

Default Re: So are they breaking up?!

Quote Originally Posted by BTSinAustin View Post
    An incomplete quote is as bad as changing the words but you know that. Let me help you

I have no idea why you are arguing about this. Henley swept awards, sold crap tons of records and would have never got back with the Eagles unless he was got an offer he couldn't refuse. All this is indisputable.

The fact that Frey was a huge talent that wrote and sang some of the best songs in history (in my opinion) is not being argued.

With you it is all or nothing right?
    This message board for many at this time is a source of solace and community as they grieve for Glenn and the band. FP asked you politely for respect and sensitivity during this difficult period; not a unreasonable request IMO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I just watched History of the Eagles the other night again as it was on CNN & Henley said he wanted to get the Eagles back together, as he liked being part of a band. His solo career was successful & he had nothing to prove. He didn't like being responsible for everything , or every wrong note. He liked being part of a band, so I certainly wouldn't say he didn't need Glenn. I think he liked the band rather than being a solo act.
    I'll buy that. I have not seen it in years but when Hell Freezes Over aired I remember Henley saying they would have been crazy to turn down that much money. NOT A QUOTE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    OK then. In a thread about whether the Eagles would continue, I thought the comments about how Henley was the most successful & never needed Frey at that time, while they may have been correct, were disrespectful. The comments about how the reunion was all for money & the 'brothers' references are 'nonsense' I also found extremely disrepectful at this time. The entire thread upsets me so I am leaving it.
    I think you are being way too sensitive. Yes it was sad but we lose stars every week it seems. It will bum me out when I hear take it easy but that is all it really is, Anything beyond that is just a bit much right? I hope I am not reading this right that your life has changed due to this?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    This message board for many at this time is a source of solace and community as they grieve for Glenn and the band. FP asked you politely for respect and sensitivity during this difficult period; not a unreasonable request IMO.
    Agree, like a few weeks ago when Bowie died. But it is still just another star that lived too hard ad flamed out early. Sad but life is for the living and I answered the OP

Stuck on the Border

I think you are being way too sensitive. Yes it was sad but we lose stars every week it seems. It will bum me out when I hear take it easy but that is all it really is, Anything beyond that is just a bit much right? I hope I am not reading this right that your life has changed due to this?
    Stop it.

But it is still just another star that lived too hard ad flamed out early. Sad but life is for the living and I answered the OP
    Your opinion. Not one that I (or obviously some others) share. Let's just agree to disagree and let it go.

Honestly???????? Why would you cut someone down for grieving? None of us knew him personally, of course we didn't, but that doesn't mean our grief is unwarranted. We are most certainly not being "sensitive". Our lives have changed, my friend, and if yours hasn't, congratulations - but have a shred of respect for the fact that this affects us a lot.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Agree, like a few weeks ago when Bowie died. But it is still just another star that lived too hard ad flamed out early. Sad but life is for the living and I answered the OP
    How cold can you be? is it too much to ask for you to be sensitive to others in their time of grief.

Well, I'm afraid I had to ban our dear friend BSinAustin after he sent me a nasty PM in reply to me sending him a warning about his behavior. Somehow I don't think anyone here will be too broken up about it, but I wanted to let you know you needn't reply to him anymore.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, I'm afraid I had to ban our dear friend BSinAustin after he sent me an nasty PM in reply to me sending him a warning about his behavior. Somehow I don't think anyone here will be too broken up about it, but I wanted to let you know you needn't reply to him anymore.
    BS, indeed.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.