Page 127 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1281

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

So hard to be believe it has been six years ! Such a sad day for his family, friends and all who miss him.
    Dreamer and Soda - Thank you for the beautiful words. And, to all our Border friends who remember Glenn today. Bob and Jack were wonderful life long friends to Glenn. Love they way they chose to remember him and his legacy.

It's January 18th again. As this day approaches, I always think, "Here it comes again..." The day that shook us all up so badly, the day we lost Glenn.

But at least, on this day, we can take some extra time to reflect on just how amazing he was, and how his legacy still thrives now that he's gone. His music continues to be a part of people's everyday lives all around the world; his voice is woven into the fabric of modern culture. He left a deep and lasting imprint on this world not only as a musician, but also as a person. He was "one of the good ones."

I'm going to pull out the "Above the Clouds" collection and give it a listen as well as watch the accompanying Strange Weather: Live in Dublin DVD, and I'll be celebrating Glenn Frey today.

Also, I'm going to post these great photos taken by GlennsAllnighter which I love, both from the NYC 2014 show:

Happy memories!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Missing you so!

"Now you're standing in the light."
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I had planned to do more on here today, but I got a call from my brother this morning and he wanted me to help him out with some shopping for his daughter. After that, we met his wife for dinner. Anyway, I think I'll follow Soda's lead and listen to/watch all of the 'Above the Clouds' compilation over the next few days. To mark this 7th anniversary date, I decided to repost the memorial that Soda, HoustonBaby, and I made for Glenn at Cap Rock in Joshua Tree National Park in the spring of 2016. For anyone unfamiliar with this, it is the location of the photoshoot for the 'Eagles' LP (and also the place where Gram Parsons stolen body was set on fire).

Glenn, I still miss you every day. You left a legacy in this world matched by only a few. Now, you are singing in the Angels Choir.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Dreamer - That was certainly a special day. I'm glad we had a chance to make that memorial.

FreyFollower - great photos! So gorgeous.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Although "Most of Us are Sad" in a big way today, his heart and spirit always bring a smile.
    "Until this grand illusion brings us home.....", Glenn.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Soda and FF - I love those pictures you chose to share. And I am also so glad that we had the chance to make that memorial for Glenn. What was even more special is that when we (you, me, HoustonBaby, Brooke, Glennsallnighter, and Perfect Little Sister) had our Border gathering on the 1st anniversary of Glenn's passing, we went back and the memorial was still there. We also buried a time capsule which included letters and mementos from each of us.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Beautiful pictures and remembrances of Glenn, all. Thank you. Loved the memorial at Cap Rock. I was just there in December. Wish I would have remembered to look for that as we walked around, in case it was still there ❤️ Love Joshua Tree so much. It’s such a spiritual place.

Thought of Glenn yesterday, as I often do. Can’t believe it’s been 7 years. Thought I’d share a story from this past Summer. I got to meet Henry Diltz at an exhibit of his photos at the NYC Morrison Hotel Gallery, and he was such a lovely guy. I told him that I had recently bought two of his photos from the gallery (one of the Eagles, and one of Glenn) and how happy they made me whenever I looked at them. Henry said what a great guy Glenn was, and I said how much I still miss him. He smiled and said he knows Glenn is having a great time on the other side.

I try to think of that whenever I think of Glenn in a sad way, and it always makes me smile. I’m sure he is 😁

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    Beautiful pictures and remembrances of Glenn, all. Thank you. Loved the memorial at Cap Rock. I was just there in December. Wish I would have remembered to look for that as we walked around, in case it was still there ❤️ Love Joshua Tree so much. It’s such a spiritual place.

Thought of Glenn yesterday, as I often do. Can’t believe it’s been 7 years. Thought I’d share a story from this past Summer. I got to meet Henry Diltz at an exhibit of his photos at the NYC Morrison Hotel Gallery, and he was such a lovely guy. I told him that I had recently bought two of his photos from the gallery (one of the Eagles, and one of Glenn) and how happy they made me whenever I looked at them. Henry said what a great guy Glenn was, and I said how much I still miss him. He smiled and said he knows Glenn is having a great time on the other side.

I try to think of that whenever I think of Glenn in a sad way, and it always makes me smile. I’m sure he is 😁
    Great story, NYC Fan. Thank you. Henry sounds to be as good a guy as I have heard he is!

Stuck on the Border

Thank everyone for the beautiful pictures/memories of Glenn.
    I am late posting this..... I can't believe it has been seven years already. The memorial is beautiful - I had forgot you all had done that. I keep saying I want to go to Joshua Tree - one of these days I hope to get there. My sister went last year with her paramour and she asked me "Isn't that where the Eagles photos were taken "? Ah... YES - lol ! She is a big eagles fan too.
    NYC Fan - lucky you ! Henry seems like such a cool guy.