Page 117 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1281

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I'm so glad we made this trip. I hope we can all get together again in the future. right back atcha!

There are only a few events in our lives that are so significant where we will always remember exactly where we were and what we were doing when it happened. For most of us here, Glenn's death is one of those times. Glenn may be gone, but he will never be forgotten.
    This trip was so healing for me. I think we all needed it being the first anniversary. I will definitely do it again!

What I remember most about Glenn was his enthusiasm when he was on stage. From the first time I saw him in 1976 to the last time in July 2015 he was so joyful, funny and was always giving his all. I look at The History of the Eagles tour as a true gift to his fans. And no matter how many times I saw him, I never grew tired of watching him play and sing.

Always in my heart, thoughts and prayers. You are truly missed Glenn.....

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I thought about that as I was typing there, Dreamer. It was like 9/11 and President Kennedy's assasination, I'll always remember all the details of that day. My husband told me a while back that he doesn't think I've been quite the same since Glenn died. I still get a little sad and reflective when I hear his or the Eagles songs.

Yes I agree with that. I was too young for Kennedy's assassination but I certainly know where I was at 9/11 and definitely when I heard about Glenn .

In terms of how I feel now - I'm not the same person I was although you wouldn't see that outside. My husband mustn't be as perceptive as Brookes and to be honest my kids just ridicule me over it. So I don't talk about Glenn or his death at home. I don't think they mean to be unkind, they were young when it happened and they will understand perhaps when they are older and have experienced something similar themselves. Everything in my life that has happened is on one side or another of a great divide, that divide being whether it happened before or after Glenn 's death. In the aftermath I know I was just and barely existing - my short term memory and concentration were gone completely and I could not remember even the most basic arrangement or commitment unless it was written in black and white in front of me. To actually get up in the mornings was an achievement. That has obviously improved with time. The biggest long term change that I have come to realise is that I do not feel emotion any more. It is really hard to feel really really happy over anything and when I get bad news I always default to 'Its not as bad as when Glenn died' mode. But I guess I have to live with that.

The trip to LA and the previous one to Detroit that I made with Soda and Dreamer the previous year were definitely healing and I would really love to make another one. I have been involved in some FB Eagles groups too that have spawned in the last 3 years and have 'met' some lovely people but my true friends are my 'Glenn friends' from the Border
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That's a very sweet post. You know that you can always come here and we will understand and empathize with you about the connection you feel to Glenn. I think you are right about your kids being more empathetic once they experience a similar loss. And, unfortunately, it seems to be inevitable that they will someday.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

There's not a day goes by that I don't think about Glenn. Little reminders of him are all around my apartment; a couple posters on the wall, a signed photo hanging in the hallway, a signed album hanging in the living room, my Glenn calendar in the office. I too often find myself comparing things to his death in terms of emotional scale; I too have a "before" and "after" mentality towards January 18, 2016 in a lot of ways.

I know I will never care as much about a musician, a "star," as I cared about Glenn, about seeing him, about hearing him. The loss of that saddens me, too. I have other fandoms and other passions, but it will never be like that again.

However, there is absolutely no one in my "real life" who knows how hard this hit me. I keep the degree of it on the down low because they wouldn't understand. To them, it's just something that makes me sad when I occasionally think about it... not something that had a major effect on my life. I don't even talk about it on Facebook because all my family and colleagues are on there. This is the only place I confess it.

Life goes on, but I will always miss him.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

However, there is absolutely no one in my "real life" who knows how hard this hit me. I keep the degree of it on the down low because they wouldn't understand. To them, it's just something that makes me sad when I occasionally think about it... not something that had a major effect on my life. I don't even talk about it on Facebook because all my family and colleagues are on there. This is the only place I confess it.

Life goes on, but I will always miss him.
    This is the only place I can talk about it too. I try to be pretty casual about the Eagles on Fb. Even though my husband knows, we don't normally talk about it. He's actually a little jealous of Glenn and I don't want him to think I love him any less. I mean, it was really just a fantasy that he shouldn't feel threatened about at all. I never met Glenn in person! He was also a huge fan of the Eagles, so I try to go along and enjoy their songs when I'm with him, but inside my heart is just a bit sad.

He'll never be forgotten, ever!

Edited.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

And for me, The Border is a safe haven. It brings me comfort reading the posts and seeing that others feel as I do. Just knowing that others are missing Glenn as much as me is so comforting. But I still have trouble verbalizing my feelings to others even on here.
    His death still just leaves me speechless.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    And for me, The Border is a safe haven. It brings me comfort reading the posts and seeing that others feel as I do. Just knowing that others are missing Glenn as much as me is so comforting. But I still have trouble verbalizing my feelings to others even on here.
    His death still just leaves me speechless.
    I know, HB! Sometimes when I think about it it's like a smack in the face. So hard to accept.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I know, HB! Sometimes when I think about it it's like a smack in the face. So hard to accept.

Here's a hug for all of us still coping with Glenn's passing.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks HB - I love the fact too that the Border is here as a refuge. Pretty much all of what Brooke, Soda and HB have said about reminders being everywhere, feeling sad at certain songs and not being able to talk about it in 'real' life applies to me too. It was wonderful when Soda was visiting me last summer and I'm lucky I hook up with Desperada occasionally (actually we will go out tomorrow night and toast Glenn ). But he is still the first thing I think about when I wake every morning and the last person I think about when I drop off to sleep at night. At this stage a dream is a bonus. Life goes on but its just not the same and he will always have a place in my heart.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP