Page 86 of 129 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Beautiful song- and I can even download it here. I must say being able to catch up with the other Borderers in LA and do what we did over the weekend was real food for the soul. It was wonderful to be with people who understood instead of the 'you have to be over him by now' attitude that so many people have.

Obviously having taken time off I'm busy enough these last few days but I'm keeping Glenn in my heart.

A number of people in my FB groups have suggested that people light candles in memory of Glenn today. So as I heard when Soda sent me a message shortly after 10 pm my time (10:11 to be exact) I'm going to do so then. And I'm going to drink a Tequila Sunrise in his honour.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Hello everyone...I've been a member of this site for a while, but I've never posted anything before. On the anniversary of Glenn's death, I wanted to share my story and my thoughts with you all.

I'm 30 years old, younger than the typical Eagles fan. While I have always been a fan of music that was before my time (I've liked The Beatles and Queen since I was 5 years old), I had never been much of an Eagles fan before. My mom had played Eagles music for me when I was growing up, so I was aware of them and I knew some songs, but I wasn't a big fan. Even then, though, as a child, I found Glenn's voice soothing and comforting.

After Glenn died, my mom wanted to get the Dead Dog Records arc of Wiseguy on DVD. As you probably know, that arc, with Glenn in it, isn't available on DVD. I love Wiseguy and have always wanted to see the rest of the show, so I was game, and bought a bootleg copy. I knew I'd like the show (it is a great show and if you haven't seen it, you should), but what I wasn't prepared for was Glenn Frey. The second he appeared on the screen, I was transfixed. After getting through Wiseguy and watching the tribute to him at the Grammys, I was curious to see what he looked like when he was younger. I looked at pictures and watched a few youtube videos. I was in awe. I had never seen such a good-looking man, or anyone so cool, in my life.

As the year went on, I watched, read, and listened to everything related to Glenn and the Eagles that I could get my hands on. Since then, I've become a huge Eagles fan, in awe of their music, their lyrics, and their harmonies. No band or artist has ever resonated with me this much, like it speaks to my very soul. I regret that I didn't appreciate his talent and the brilliance of the Eagles sooner, so that I could have seen them in concert.

It is a strange feeling, to feel so sad for someone's passing, when you were not that aware of them when they were alive. It truly makes my heart ache to know that he is no longer on this planet. Barely a day has gone by that I haven't thought of him. I still find his voice soothing and comforting, but now there is sadness, too. In my religion, you light a candle on the eve of a loved one's death, and it burns for 24 hours, in honor of their memory. I lit one for Glenn last night, even though it is usually reserved for family members. It just feels so personal. I cannot imagine the day when I will not miss this sweet, wonderful, beautiful man. RIP Glenn, we miss you.
    -------------

That was very sweet, g. Thanks for sharing and making your first post today.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

The journey to LA, was a great idea and I am very pleased for all who travelled that it went well! I am sorry that I could not have joined you.
    Glenn his family, friends and members of The Border are always in my prayers.
    This is a very sad day, but when I visit here, I know that I am not alone.

Thank you!

4:10 pm... when I found out he was gone. Miss him so much!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I can't remember what time I found out. It was either between 3:00pm and 4:30pm. Either way, January 18th is a day I would never forget in my life.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pr...n-frey-w461128

Bob Seger's tribute song to Glenn. It's also available for free on his own website. It's simple, understated, and just beautiful.
    Yes.

Thanks to Bob for this, from the bottom of my heart.

Thanks to everyone who has posted their stories. It was 9 am on Tuesday Janurary 19 when I heard.

I don't know the exact time, but it was in the evening of Jan 18 when I found out through Google alerts. I immediately tried to get into this site, but it was still down. I was stunned. I don't remember how long it was before I started to cry. My husband came into the room and all I could say was "Glenn died". When the tears did come they lasted all night. There was no way that I could sleep.

Thought I'd stop in and remember Glenn on this anniversary. I've been listening to Eagles music all day and actually ended up wearing all black too. Even after a year I still miss him so much. I'm about to light a candle in his honor... love you Glenn <3
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Sad day.

Thanks Glenn for the music and inspiration.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

So very loved and missed.