Page 120 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1281

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Out on the Border

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I knew glenn for many years. He used to come in to some of the different places I worked in LA, while trying to "make it" After he had been coming in for a few months, sometime with Jack Mack( from the Heart attacks) and he was " off again" while dating Janie, he asked me out. A girl i worked with was BFF's with Barbara Azoff, who she was always telling about me at the time, so Glenn knew I sang. He said to me on a date one night " dont ever ask me to help you with your career" I was a bit defensive, as i had never brought up my music to him. He went on to say " Its a REALLY cut throat industry, and you are too nice a person. It will chew you up and spit you out, and I dont want to be a part of that" Speaks volumes about the kind of person he was. This was when He had just released "No fun Aloud" and was enjoying good success with it. You can not blame someone in his position to be a bit jaded, as everyone always wanted something from you. I didnt want anything from him, just wanted to see his solo album do REAL well because of the break up of the band. Dont think glenn fully understood someone who didnt want or need anything from him. We did have fun when we would go out,and enjoyed hanging at his place in Benedict Cyn.
    Not many people made me nervous in our industry...but glenn did. Janie and cindy were both very lucky women. He really was a good guy!

@redheaded -- Wow. That's really amazing. Thanks so much for sharing your memories of him. I've always thought he was a thoroughly decent person -- not perfect, you understand -- but with a real core of decency and goodness. I can certainly understand how someone in his position would feel most people only wanted a piece of him. That makes sense, considering the little I know about the entertainment industry in general.

Thanks again for giving us a peek into your memories!

Welcome redheadedone and let me echo Pippin in thanking you for sharing your memories of Glenn with us.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

redheadedone - Thanks so much for sharing your memories of Glenn. I always felt that Glenn was a good person. When people have success at a young age like he and the Eagles did, you learn to become cautious as everyone wants a piece of you. The hanger's on and yes people probably never ended until the band broke up. Thanks again for sharing.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for sharing your story with us, RHO. That must have been an awesome experience for you. I certainly think it possible that Glenn could be both very kind and generous, as well as, cautious and skeptical towards people. I'm also quite sure that his attitudes changed quite a bit depending on the situation and over the course of 30+ years.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

rho, thank you so much for sharing your story about Glenn! That was just awesome!

I'm so glad that Glenn really was such a nice guy after all the fame and fortune! And before! I'm so glad it's becoming known to everyone! So many people have told their stories of knowing and meeting him since he passed.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by redheadedone View Post
    I knew glenn for many years. He used to come in to some of the different places I worked in LA, while trying to "make it" After he had been coming in for a few months, sometime with Jack Mack( from the Heart attacks) and he was " off again" while dating Janie, he asked me out. A girl i worked with was BFF's with Barbara Azoff, who she was always telling about me at the time, so Glenn knew I sang. He said to me on a date one night " dont ever ask me to help you with your career" I was a bit defensive, as i had never brought up my music to him. He went on to say " Its a REALLY cut throat industry, and you are too nice a person. It will chew you up and spit you out, and I dont want to be a part of that" Speaks volumes about the kind of person he was. This was when He had just released "No fun Aloud" and was enjoying good success with it. You can not blame someone in his position to be a bit jaded, as everyone always wanted something from you. I didnt want anything from him, just wanted to see his solo album do REAL well because of the break up of the band. Dont think glenn fully understood someone who didnt want or need anything from him. We did have fun when we would go out,and enjoyed hanging at his place in Benedict Cyn.
    Not many people made me nervous in our industry...but glenn did. Janie and cindy were both very lucky women. He really was a good guy!
    What a great story, thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    rho, thank you so much for sharing your story about Glenn! That was just awesome!

I'm so glad that Glenn really was such a nice guy after all the fame and fortune! And before! I'm so glad it's becoming known to everyone! So many people have told their stories of knowing and meeting him since he passed.
    Me too! His reputation took a bit of hit with the Felder thing and people can see from the stories what he was really like... remembering Glenn Frey the right way.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Amen Soda ! Thank You for the beautiful picture.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Just thought I'd mention that today marks the 3rd anniversary of what I call 'Glenn Tribute Week'. On 2/13/16, the Troubadour hosted a pre-Grammy tribute show for Glenn with many of his friends/fellow musicians performing to honor him. The Grammy Awards show was held on 2/15 where Don, Joe, Tim, Bernie, and Jackson Browne paid tribute to Glenn by performing Take It Easy. And then, on 2/16 his private memorial service was held at the L.A. Forum.

We miss you Glenn. Hope you are rockin' the heavens.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016