Page 108 of 129 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1281

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Thanks for posting this, Dreamer -- it's a wonderful tribute!

I'm remembering Glenn today with this pic I filched from Soda's website. It has to be one of my favorite pics of him. He's healthy, happy, and doing what he was born to do. See you across the river, Glenn.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

This is a beautiful collage Dreamer. AS it was posted last on the page I have brought it on so everyone will get a chance to see it in all its glory. This doesn't get any easier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Today marks the 2nd anniversary of Glenn’s death. To commemorate the date, I made this collage with photos of some tributes to Glenn following his passing.

You will always be in our hearts, Glenn. May you rest in eternal peace.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

That's a beautiful tribute, Dreamer. It's hard to believe that two years have already passed. I woke up this morning, and the anniversary was the first thing that I thought about. I hope Glenn is resting peacefully, takin' it easy, and pickin' a guitar somewhere.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

From the start of my time on here i have a learned a lot about the guys in the band but none more then Glenn. I have learned a great deal about the man he was and what made him special. That does nothing to make me feel better about never getting to see him in live concert but it does make me feel good about how many people he touched and how he cared about the fans. I hope his family and his friends have hope and some healing on the anniversary of a tragic day in their lives

Stuck on the Border

Dreamer - Thank you for the beautiful collage tribute of Glenn. I can't believe it has been two years that this beautiful talented man left us. I have been thinking of him and his family and friends these last few days. Prayers to all of them as well as our Border friends knowing how difficult it is for them too.
    Pippin - TY and love that picture of Glenn.

Immortal ☁

Remembering is all we can do,
    Until we "belong to the night," like you!

Rock-the-Roll!

CarolC

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Love the collage Dreamer and the pic Pippin. Hard to believe it's been 2 years too. Still miss him and thoughts are with his family, friends, and fans today.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Banned

I turned on my Glenn Frey Spotify playlist with all of his recorded songs this morning. The first three were Call on Me, Strange Weather, and Working Man. I sang every word. Those three songs may encapsulate him perfectly -- a song from his TV show, a love song and one that highlighted and celebrated his incredible work ethic. Here are some other things I love about Glenn:

1. He was true to himself

Glenn was an expert in and student of all kinds of music. He wrote hit after hit with the Eagles and I believe he could have done the same thing in his solo career if he had wanted to. Look at what he did when he wrote songs for outside entities like movies and TV shows -- You Belong to the City and The Heat is On were both huge hits. But Glenn wrote the songs he wanted to write and the songs he wanted to sing. The One You Love and True Love are great examples. They didn't tear up the charts, but I know Glenn was extremely proud of those songs. They sounded the way he wanted them to and they were from his heart. Some of his songs were a little cheesy, in the best possible way, and I listen to songs like I Found Somebody and Soul Searchin' knowing they turned out exactly like he planned.

2. Band intros

One of the highlights of the 30 Eagles concerts I saw while Glenn was with us. To this day I may randomly shout, "The prrrride of Sacrrrramenntooo Calleeeeefornnnnyaaa!" or "The Master Blaster on the Stratocaster!" I loved how proud Glenn was of his one-liners and how proud he was of his band. That also came through in The History of the Eagles -- the documentary, not the tour -- when Glenn presented an honest portrayal of the 1970s and the tumult that probably helped the Eagles accomplish as much as they did.

3. The songs

I love all of his Eagles songs. I also love The One You Love, I Volunteer, Partytown, I Found Somebody, New Love, Smuggler's Blues, Let's Go Home, Better in the U.S.A., Sexy Girl, I Got Love, Lover's Moon, Some Kind of Blue, True Love, Can't Put Out This Fire, Soul Searchin', Working Man, Livin' Right, Long Hot Summer, Love in the 21st Century, He Took Advantage, River of Dreams, I've Got Mine, Brave New World, Part of Me, Part of You, Call on Me, Common Ground, This Way To Happiness, Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed, You Belong to the City, For Sentimental Reasons, Route 66, After Hours, I Wanna Be Around, and Worried Mind.

He had an incredible body of work and I'll listen to and love it -- and Glenn -- for the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Today marks the 2nd anniversary of Glenn’s death. To commemorate the date, I made this collage with photos of some tributes to Glenn following his passing.

You will always be in our hearts, Glenn. May you rest in eternal peace.
    Great tribute!! Thanks for sharing