Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1281

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Hi all - Just to stay on topic here, I went ahead and moved the posts about the 'Privacy' video discussion to Jack's thread. Here you go:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=1195

And speaking of this topic - I miss you every day, Glenn. You will always be in my heart.
    I think of you still all the time Glenn , So sad that you had to leave us so early
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I think of you still all the time Glenn , So sad that you had to leave us so early
    It's not just us. Guitarist, Duane Sciacqua, commented on one of Jack Tempchin's posts that he thinks "about that man every day".
    Jack Tempchin

Stuck on the Border

Please forgive me because I know this sounds stupid but, who is Duane Sciacqua ? Is he a Country singer ? He called Glenn "cuz" . I have never heard of the guy.

Stuck on the Border

He was in Glenn's band for many of the solo years. If you've seen video from Japan 1986 or Dublin 1992, he's the guitarist who isn't Glenn or Danny Grenier.

Stuck on the Border

Oh, ok, now I know who he is. Thank You UTW. I would love to see a YT video of Glenn singing LITF - I bet he rocked it.

Stuck on the Border

This is for those feeling irritated by the "least talented" comments on comments and on some other message boards. It's from Jack Tempchin
    Glenn was just a stand-up guy and he was the funniest guy that I’ve ever met and he had a tremendous range of talents not only musical but people skils: he was kind of like the team captain. He could pick the players, motivate them. He could make a bunch of people into a unit and also what he wanted out of the music, he wanted the best band in the world. He wanted the best singers, best writers, best players. Not everybody has that goal so he went after the right things and he was able to pull off a lot of stuff that other people wouldn’t be able to.

[about Glenn’s contribution to Peaceful Easy Feeling]
    I was just a folky guitar-player so I played it but he put the drums in, the bass and the harmonies and they were such that you could feel the desert wind from his arrangement and from the harmonies and from the feeling. They called him the “Lone Arranger” because he had the ability to just dress up a song and make it work.
    I know he's not talking about Glenn's singing and playing or even songwriting; instead, he's talking about what makes it all work, whether it's getting the people together or fitting together the different elements of the music.

Stuck on the Border

Yes, and all of that may be true, but because the vast majority of people only see or hear what is directly in front of them they tend to be uninterested in that sort of detail. He was never given sufficient credit for any of those qualities.

Thanks for that quote, UTW. The people who know music know the kind of talent Glenn was.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

@ Soda -- exactly.

It's been awhile since I listened to this song for the first time. The lyrics are so beautiful.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ckKxhDH_yDI

Last edited by Dawn; 09-24-2017 at 10:08 PM.