Page 106 of 129 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1281

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

GM: Last year you gave Goldmine the photo of you and Glenn in your “No Fun Aloud” t-shirts for our memorial on Glenn. On your new album, the two of you were all dressed up in the photo.
    JT: Now you have seen both photos of Glenn and me. I knew him for 46 years and there are only two photos of us. We didn’t carry cellphones with cameras back then like everyone does now. This one is from the USC Thornton School of Music’s Charles Dickens Dinner. Glenn was active in the music department there. Glenn spoke and I was his guest.
    http://www.goldminemag.com/articles/...ay-tempchin#//

Just two photos in 46 years!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Thanks Delilah ! Someone posted this photo after Glenn passed. I love the billboard.
    Me too. I don't remember seeing it before.

I saw this on facebook in another group. I post this in Don's thread too

https://www.dailynews.com/2017/12/26...laurel-canyon/

Government agencies, neighborhood special events, resident and community donations, philanthropic support, and even gifts from some of Laurel Canyon’s storied former residents helped complete the purchase.

Eagles leader Don Henley made a $100,000 donation in memory of his friend and collaborator — and fellow former Laurel Canyon resident — Glenn Frey. “I greatly appreciate your efforts to preserve the rare undeveloped lands that remain in the Laurel Canyon area,” Henley said. “These resources are precious, both in terms of wildlife habitat, and in terms of the human history that resides there.”

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's so nice of Don!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Thanks, Shun! A place is definitely too crowded for me when a mere 17 acres can have such an impact on the local ecology! I'm glad for their efforts, and Don's donation in memory of Glenn. Many fond memories in Laurel Canyon, I'm sure. I also love the photo with the article.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Laurel Canyon is such a lovely place, and it definitely was quite appropriate and thoughtful for him to donate in Glenn's name after they had lived there together. Well done, Don.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Good for Don. I know Glenn would be happy with this.

An unrelated aside: The hubs bought the book "To The Limit" for me for Christmas. I was reading bits and pieces of it (Glenn's mom's comment about if his guitar had T&A about rolled me off the sofa laughing), and came up on the bit about the surgeries Glenn had on his nose. The author said the surgeons used Teflon to help shore things up. Assuming that's the case (and I'm not sure I take it all at face value since he has so many anonymous sources, which, as a former newsie, are big red flags for me), then you can look up "teflon rheumatoid arthritis" on Google and there's an established link between the two. It just makes me wonder. It would make sense, sadly.

Interesting book, though.

Out on the Border

I might have seen this here but if not this is an oral history of Laurel Canyon by musicians in the early 70s. Glenn is quoted.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/20...on-music-scene

Excellent article. Thanks for posting it, Priscilla!

Out on the Border

Smile Re: Remembering Glenn Frey