Page 11 of 129 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

If they sing all of Glenn's songs, I'm going to be crying tears of happiness!!! The Eagles are the greatest band ever!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The part about the doctors 'throwing up their hands' I am finding quite distressing.
    Aw, that's just Bob's way of saying that the doctors did all they could for him.

Brooke, I agree that they have probably already had the funeral. If not, surely sometime this week.

Along with Soda, I am very touched by these tributes. Glenn was very well thought of.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I am confused about these two threads, this one and the Gone but not Forgotten one. They both seem to be the same conversations......
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This thread is for stories and tributes about the life of Glenn Frey. It can be things you've found on the web, or your own stories. We're just going to celebrate his life here.
    In the other thread, this is what I asked for and soda agreed that it was something she'd been thinking of.
    Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I wonder if it's time for a separate thread for eulogies or "remembering the life of" writings. I know that this thread could become that but I'm not sure I'll ever want to start at the beginning and read through everyone's first reactions - that's too raw. However, I think a place where people could reflect on what Glenn means to them and repost what has been said by the many people who have known and worked with him over the decades would provide comfort and inspiration. Even if there's duplication, so what?

In simple terms, it's the difference between mourning the death and celebrating the life.

Stuck on the Border

Has everyone noticed how Glenn is always someone's brother?

JD Souther : "Rest Quietly Dear Little Brother"

Bob Seger: "I always kind of thought of him as my baby brother, a little bit."

Don Henley: "He Was Like a Brother to Me"

Don Johnson: "I am going to miss you until then Brother Glenn"

Cameron Crowe: "Glenn's jocular street wisdom was pretty addictive to a guy who'd never had a brother." (I've always thought that the "brother" scene in Almost Famous is Glenn)

Randy Meisner: "You're like brothers in a band like that."

Even Don Felder: "At times, it felt like we were brothers"

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I guess that that should tell you something about his character and personality. I think that it's cool that they all considered him to be a brother.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    In simple terms, it's the difference between mourning the death and celebrating the life.
    While I agree with this in theory, I don't believe at this point its so easy to say celebrate his life only here and mourn his death in another thread, without there being some overlap. Specifically in celebrating his life we'll almost certainly be mourning his death and vice versa, there is just too much sorrow and pain involved at this point not to.

I guess I am asking for a bit of leniency and understanding from my fellow members as we each deal with the Glenn's death and the likely end of the Eagles in our way and at our own pace.

Joe said in HOTE he thought of Glenn, Don, and Timothy as his brothers.

I'm sorry I did that. I actually was going by an article Soda posted in this thread. I was going by the line Bob Seger said (paraphrasing) about Glenn flew in last-minute after attending one of his kids’ graduation. That's why I started talking about it.

Its kinda hard to not comment on an article without thinking about what would had been if he was still alive. Maybe I should had quoted that post so nobody would had thought that comment had came out of nowhere.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    While I agree with this in theory, I don't believe at this point its so easy to say celebrate his life only here and mourn his death in another thread, without there being some overlap. Specifically in celebrating his life we'll almost certainly be mourning his death and vice versa, there is just too much sorrow and pain involved at this point not to.

I guess I am asking for a bit of leniency and understanding from my fellow members as we each deal with the Glenn's death and the likely end of the Eagles in our way and at our own pace.
    I certainly understand you. Brooke asked about the difference between the two threads so I was trying to explain.