Page 119 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1281

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

First of all, a HUGE thank you to all of you for your heartfelt posts in remembering Glenn.

And Austin, I agree with other who say how much they appreciate your honesty and not to beat yourself up too much over it. I know Glenn understood that, as a public figure, he would never please all the people all the time, so I don't think he would have been too upset with you.

As we have said many times, all of the seven members share responsibility for the failures and successes of the band; however, the leader often bears the brunt of the blame when things go wrong. I'm pretty sure Glenn understood this as well.

Anyway, I am happy for you that you are now able to appreciate Glenn for the gifted and talented person he was and celebrate his life with fondness and respect. It takes a big person to grow and realize that they may have been wrong. You can take comfort in knowing that you share that gift with Glenn.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks Carolyn and Dreamer!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Austin, it takes a special person to admit when they're wrong and I'm so thankful that you came to understand why Glenn did some of the things he did. It's amazing to learn when some people are really such good people. Thank you for your open and heartfelt post. I think too that Glenn would appreciate your words and understand. So, as others have said, quit beating yourself up and move on and enjoy the fact that you now understand him. Enjoy what we had when he was with us!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Austin, I'll echo what others have said about how impressed I am with your honest post and the maturity you've displayed in your ability to re-evaluate your opinions with the new information you've discovered and admit that you weren't always right. That's more than a lot of people will EVER be willing to do - no matter what facts come to light, they will double down on their original views and never give them up. Kudos to you.

I think we all inevitably have regrets about things we could have done differently. I was working on a fan letter to Glenn before he died. I had written one in 2005, but it was 2015 and I wanted to tell him how much had changed since then. I was working on it in South African July - I had typed up about a page on my iPad. When I got back, instead of finishing it, I put it off to finish later....but I got busy....

And then there was no later. It's still on my tablet, half-finished; I can't bring myself to delete it. It's a testament to "waiting until it's too late."

Regrets are hard, but we can't immerse ourselves in them (although I know that's easier said than done). We can only learn from them and move on. It sounds to me like you've learned quite a bit.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks Soda and Brooke.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Here's a happy way to remember Glenn that I know he'd appreciate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6wUcr6WcTQ

Border Rebel

Thanks for the link, Pippin! I think this was from the Eagles and Jimmy Buffett concert in Miami from April 2018. Jimmy broadcasts his concerts live on his Sirrius channel, Margaritaville. My husband and I were listening to it outside grilling. I remember my husband saying, " I didn't know that Glenn wrote that."

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    Here's a happy way to remember Glenn that I know he'd appreciate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6wUcr6WcTQ
    That was great!

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    Thanks for the link, Pippin! I think this was from the Eagles and Jimmy Buffett concert in Miami from April 2018. Jimmy broadcasts his concerts live on his Sirrius channel, Margaritaville. My husband and I were listening to it outside grilling. I remember my husband saying, " I didn't know that Glenn wrote that."
    On the album version, he actually appears - he's the guy on the phone.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

@Soda -- yeah, I knew he was on the phone in the original version. "Hey Jimmy. This is Glenn!" LOL. Also, this has come up before, but I'm pretty well satisfied the uncredited British actor who does the intro for the album version is Peter O'Toole. I've seen several theories, but, going from the dialog in "Becket" and "The Lion in Winter," I'm almost sure it was O'Toole. The world may never know!

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    Those backup singers are having entirely too much fun.