Page 15 of 129 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    I was wondering if anybody could make screen shots from this video..pictures of Glenn as a child..would LOVE to have those pics....
    I was thinking the same thing!

Wish I was more computer savvy...those are beautiful pictures...

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Here's a video that Entertainment Tonight put together.
    https://youtu.be/IFrgnGMCX28
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    I was wondering if anybody could make screen shots from this video..pictures of Glenn as a child..would LOVE to have those pics....

I can do some if ya'll don't mind the small "play" button in the middle of the screenshot. I'll post them in the photo thread.

ETA: I figured out how to do them without pausing the video, so they won't have the play button in them.
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Glenn was an adorable little kid!

Thanks for posting the Rick Cooper letter, AG - that was one of the most moving things I've read about him.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I love that video from Entertainment Tonight and it made me smile soo much seeing his beautiful spirit and face!!

Glenn was very precious as a child as well!!! Love him soo!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Loving all of these heartfelt posts! And realizing even more so that Glenn was such an amazing, talented, funny, gifted, family man!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I can do some if ya'll don't mind the small "play" button in the middle of the screenshot. I'll post them in the photo thread.

ETA: I figured out how to do them without pausing the video, so they won't have the play button in them.
    ..that would be amazing..thank you..

I posted this in the other thread, plus the press thread, but I'm going to post the article here. (It's too bad that the "family" photo used doesn't have Taylor in it)
    http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainme...icle-1.2503748
    To Eagles fans the world over, Glenn Frey was the superstar who led one of the most successful bands in rock history. To me he was a fellow dad, whose son went to the same afterschool program as mine on the Upper West Side.
    I somehow got wind of the fact that he was father of one of the kids there, but I didn't expect I'd be seeing Frey at pickup. I assumed that a mega-millionaire rock star would send a nanny in a town car to do that, but to my surprise he showed up with some regularity, and I got used to seeing the guy who wrote "Take It Easy" and "Tequila Sunrise" in the lobby.
    He lived downtown and I live in Brooklyn, so we rode the downtown train together with our sons and another fellow dad on a few occasions. I recall thinking as we packed on to a particularly jammed rush-hour A train that his royalty checks no doubt offered the means to sidestep such indignities, but, as a regular subway rider who embraced New York at the street level, he wedged into the crowd without complaint.

I also recall thinking that Frey's fellow straphangers -- none of whom ever recognized him -- would no doubt have been surprised that the chatty guy talking basketball in their midst was the front man for the best-selling American band in history.

I had only the most passing acquaintance with him, but I got a steady kick out of seeing the 70's LA rock icon as a devoted dad ferrying his son home, and saying goodbye in the parking lot as our kids later shipped off to summer camp, chatting about how much we were going to miss them. And not only was he unfailingly friendly to me (dubbing me "Big Daddy"), but he was extra nice to my quirky and super-inquisitive son, fielding his many Eagles-related queries with patience and good humor.
    So next time I hear "Hotel California," instead of thinking of a hard-partying rock star I'll recall Frey as an amiable guy, a New Yorker and a dedicated dad -- and I'm going to miss seeing him at the camp bus this summer.
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border

That's a good one. Note that he was still assigning nicknames!