Page 22 of 129 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

FP - One thing I've learned is that I have to take baby steps and it can be a slow process. I can only say what works for me, but writing things down helps me 'unlock' those suppressed emotions. This may or may not work for you, but, the important thing is 'do something' (pun intended). It may turn out that what comes out may not even be something you want to post, but that's okay - at least you get it out. Eventually, you may come up with something you want to post even if it's a month from now.

I would love to see lots of contributions from our member that pay tribute to Glenn in this thread. Who knows, maybe in days, months, or even years to come, some of his loved ones may come here and read this and it can provide a source of comfort to them.

Right now, I can't get Glenn's family, bandmates, and many close friends out of my mind. My heart aches so much for them as they deal with their huge loss.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Dreamer-

Thank you for sharing your experiences with, and thoughts on, Glenn. Your post was so heartfelt and beautifully written. I particularly liked where you spoke of the contrast between Glenn the rock star and Glenn the dad. It had struck me, reading some of the great articles that people have posted (thanks to all) that the same man who, with the Eagles, had the vans circle the private jet 3 times "because we can" would ride the A train to pick his son up at school. I LOVED reading that he was still a guy who would ride the subway to pick up his son. It really gave you a feeling that this was someone who enjoyed every aspect of his life.

Thank you for sharing how generous he was with all of you, and your fun stories. It's been really comforting to read all of these great remembrances being written by various people who knew Glenn. He sounds like he did a tremendous amount of charity work that he never made a big deal of. Very moving articles.

I went to see Springsteen in DC last night, and I was reminded of seeing the Eagles there, and that it will never happen again. But seeing a live show was so joyful and life affirming that it made me really, really happy. I hope everyone who is having a hard time listening to the Eagles music right now will soon be able to, and will find comfort in doing so. Glenn gave so much of himself to his music that it's a way I'm finding to honor his memory in my own small way.

And thanks, Toonlass for the picture of your trip to the recording studio. I'm going to be doing a 2 week Southwest road trip this Fall, and a trip to Winslow was already on the agenda. Leaving some flowers there will be a must.

Thanks to all. It's been wonderful reading everything that you have shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Right now, I can't get Glenn's family, bandmates, and many close friends out of my mind. My heart aches so much for them as they deal with their huge loss.
    It's the same with me, Dreamer. I can't even begin to imagine the depth of the grief they must be feeling & I grieve for them.

Stuck on the Border

From the comments against the first Rolling Stone article:
    Linda Garth • I knew Glenn for over 30 years...he was always a friend, and my husband played with him both before and after the Eagles Reunion. Touring with the band was a blast and Cindy and the kids were often on tour too. I respected him as a musician, and how he strived for the best outcome of every song on stage. We are shocked and sad, and our thoughts are with the family. Mrs. Al Garth

Default Re: A Fans Tribute to Glenn Frey.

Welcome to the site, surayabay. I enjoyed reading your tribute to Glenn!

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I liked that tribute as well! Welcome surayabay!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

beautiful tribute, surayabay, and welcome to the Border.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Machine Head's lead singer, Robb Flynn, wrote this small tribute to Glenn. (Machine Head are an American groove/thrash metal band).

http://www.teamrock.com/news/2016-01...-of-the-eagles

Metalhead Flynn reveals his decades-long adoration of the Eagles and how he and his wife Genevra bonded over the band's music.Frey died this month of complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia.

In a post on his*General Journals*online diary, Flynn says watching a documentary on Showtime about three years ago reminded him that the Eagles had managed to hold his musical affection for several decades.

He says: "I grew up in California and their music was almost like second nature to me. It was a constant during my 'growing years'.

"I still listen to them regularly on tour – sometimes after a show to relax, sometimes to kick the party up a notch. Don Henley's voice is other-worldly, but Glenn Frey sang some of my favourite songs by them as well –*Take It Easy,*Heartache Tonight,*New Kid In Town.

Dad-of-two Flynn adds: "It's the song Heartache Tonight*that I have fondest memories of. It reminds me of drinking wine with Genevra sometime in the mid-90s. We were living in our old apartment in Berkeley and her talking me into dancing in our cramped-ass living-room.

"There I'd be doing my 'dumb guy' dance and we'd just laugh and not give a sh!t about anything outside those four walls. Glenn Frey was 67 - not old, but it sounds like the dude lived a very full life. Thank you for the music and the memories, Glenn Frey.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I love this article (tribute) of our Glenn!! It is moving@

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

My own video tribute to Glenn Frey. There was only ever one song, IMO, that felt like an appropriate way to pay tribute to him, given how much he and his music have meant to me through the years. Altered the colour schemes to all the pictures to go along perfectly with the song, giving them their proper cosmic, spacey feel. Hope everyone likes it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh3zOXH43OQ