Page 38 of 129 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Miss Janette. Thank you. Even though I'm much younger and in no way even close to the history that all of you have I find that to be very beautiful. I've said it before. We have lost quite a few people lately but Glenn is very close to my heart. I won't be over this for quite a while

Seger broke down as he recounted the words of Frey's daughter, Taylor, leading into the musician's final month: From here out, she said, her father could be supported only by prayer.
    Well, damn. That really got to me. I continue to be so heartbroken for his family.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Thank you for posting Bob's article. I'm sitting here now with tears in my eyes at the pain we are all going through. But we were blessed to be alive in the years that gave us Glenn Frey and the other boys....

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Even almost a month later, the ending of that Seger article brings tears to my eyes. . I can't stop thinking about what Cindy, Taylor, Deacon, and Otis went through in Glenn's last few months and what they're going through now.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Janette, thank you for your blog. I found it so easy to relate to. When I watched the History of the Eagles documentary, it awoke my inner 14-year-old and luckily I was able to take that girl to the Eagles concert she'd missed 40 years earlier. Even though the young men were encased in the bodies of these older men, some of the magic was still there.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 02-17-2016 at 07:27 AM.

Janette-

Thank you for sharing that. It was really lovely, and is a lot of what I have been feeling. Glenn's passing has hit me very hard, and it has been a comfort to come here and read that others feel the same way. And you put into words a lot of the things that I have thought about as far as aging and lost youth. I knew exactly which picture you were describing, because I saved it from an article the other day. It's always been one of my favorites.

Although it was a few years later than that photo, I have a great memory of seeing the Eagles at the Yale Bowl right before they broke up. I could never have known what was going on behind the scenes, but what I remember is a sun soaked day on the Yale Bowl field with a bunch of friends. We had slept out in the park across the street the night before, and run through the gates to get a prime spot on the field. It was one of those days that is burned into my memory. Glenn had on a shirt with a huge floral pattern, the new haircut, which I was still getting used to, and a big grin. They were of course wonderful, and when the live album came out and included a huge poster of that concert, I could pretty much pinpoint us on the field, about 50 feet in front of the stage.

I digress, but thanks for posting the link to your blog. Once again, tears fell, but in a good way. Didn't Dr. Seuss say "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"? I've been feeling that way a lot lately...

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Even almost a month later, the ending of that Seger article brings tears to my eyes. . I can't stop thinking about what Cindy, Taylor, Deacon, and Otis went through in Glenn's last few months and what they're going through now.
    It must be terribly difficult for his dad as well. My heart breaks for him too.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Loved reading your post Janette, and Bob's article just made me sad again. I feel so bad for Glenn's family. In a way I kind of understand what's going on as one of my best friends passed away 4 years ago in April as he was in a car accident and never recovered. Seeing him in the coma and how he was in it for about a month too till his family decided to let him go was one of the worst times in my life. Then my Grandpa passed away last May but he was sickly for 10 years so we knew it was coming. I miss them both every day but it does get better as I know they're in a better place. I know some still think it's odd to mourn a celebrity the same as someone you know in real life, but again they all effect your life in different ways. I was deeply effected too by George Harrison's and Robin Williams' deaths as well and I loved them both as I loved Glenn.

Stuck on the Border

I keep replaying the Cameron Crowe Rolling Stone podcast. I love that Cameron sounds so like Glenn when he delivers Glenn's lines.
    Also, this might have been aimed at the magazine:
    I think you celebrate him by not marginalising the Eagles and knowing it was a tough and brilliantly executed journey of a great american band.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I keep replaying the Cameron Crowe Rolling Stone podcast. I love that Cameron sounds so like Glenn when he delivers Glenn's lines.
    Also, this might have been aimed at the magazine:
    I felt that the quote was aimed at RS.