Page 49 of 129 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

That's bizarre. I hope it's not a sick joke.
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...GRid=157216286

The listing says "Record added: Jan 18, 2016" which would be the same day he died. Seems bogus.

Out on the Border

No, they did have him listed on January 18th, right after he died, they just didn't have the burial information, all that website would say for the last few weeks was that they were seeking burial information on him. Now it seems like they got that information somehow. If true, I wonder why he was buried up in Oregon and not California or Colorado, did Glenn have any ties to that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyboy View Post
    If true, I wonder why he was buried up in Oregon and not California or Colorado, did Glenn have any ties to that area.
    Not that I'm aware of.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    So I was sad to see the Oscars didn't include Glenn in their in memoriam segment last night but surprisingly to me so many others tweeted and commented about his omission. They also didn't include many other actors like Abe Vigoda, Anne Mera, Tony Burton, and many more. A lot too like myself were wondering why they included David Bowie but not Glenn. One even tweeted how they could've easily used a clip from "Jerry Maguire", and the fact that he wrote a song for "Beverly Hills Cop". It would've been so nice too as Dave Grohl performed a wonderful cover of one of my fav Beatles songs "Blackbird". I'm glad others felt the same as I did, but he should for sure be included at the Emmys this fall since he had more TV roles.
    David Bowie starred in a couple of films. Glenn did not. He was a supporting actor in one film which has been forgotten & had a small part in Jerry Maguire. I'm afraid I think it's a very large stretch to call him a film actor. I also doubt he will be mentioned at the Emmys. Again his TV roles were supporting roles, even in Wiseguy. We know what happened to his one starring role.

As for him being buried in Portland I highly doubt it.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

He should still be included in the segment imo and I'm happy to see so many others think the same. Watching award shows over the years they do tend to include musicians that acted or contributed to films and TV shows. I thought he wrote the song so that's my fault there. Glenn was an actor and his omission just doesn't sit right with me, same as with the others they didn't add either which seems to be more than usual.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

I saw the comments on the Rolling Stone website & I'm afraid I still disagree that Glenn had a big enough movie career to be remembered in this way. If you look the people who commented don't even know about Let's Get Harry. So they are talking about one small role in one film. That, with respect, isn't a movie career.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I know a lot of it too was because "Jerry Maguire" was nominated for Best Picture and Glenn's role was a big part of the story. Then his songs being in movies too. I know they included Michael Jackson the year after he passed and I don't think he was in that many films. Plus, the Abe Vigoda one is just wrong especially since his "Godfather" co-star that passed away too Alex Rocco was in it.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

yeah why would they bury him in Oregon? I'm not even sure he had any history there. California I would believe before Oregon. it smells like "manure" to me.

I saw a post on Facebook several days after Glenn's death. The person that posted said that someone who claimed to have a very distant connection to the band stated that Glenn was buried in a cemetery in the Los Angeles area. He did name the cemetery. I have checked their website & it looks as if it would be a likely place for Glenn to be interred. I don't see any info about Glenn, but I would think that the family might not want the info released to the general public, at least for a while.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I would like to know if he is buried in the cemetery in LA that was mentioned previously before we go on our roadtrip in August. If I could fit in a visit even to the cemetery it would be great
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP