Page 57 of 129 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

I saw a post on FB with a drawing of Charlie Brown and Snoopy looking up into the dark sky filled with stars and the caption.......

"Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where
    our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy".

My nightly prayer is that Glenn is happy, pain free and shining down on us.

All of you have been in my prayers too, my Eagles friends & buddies as I call you. And even though I have not posted you have been in my thoughts. Your posts have been a comfort to me. I just could never find the words to post. For me there were no words.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I saw a post on FB with a drawing of Charlie Brown and Snoopy looking up into the dark sky filled with stars and the caption.......

All of you have been in my prayers too, my Eagles friends & buddies as I call you. And even though I have not posted you have been in my thoughts. Your posts have been a comfort to me. I just could never find the words to post. For me there were no words.
    That is beautiful.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm going to post more about it in the book thread but one of my friends Marie Cauley self-published her debut novel "Never Forgotten You" and the lead male character I pictured as Glenn. It's a romance novel too and I loved it. There are just so many weird similarities between the Chris character and Glenn, as Chris was a 70s rock musician/singer/actor who after 20 years is back (the book takes place in the late 90s). Chris is in his early 40s in the book and he falls for one of his fans Karen, who's in her early 30s (she's got her own storylines too) and he was one of her pre-teen/teen idols. Even Chris' personality reminded me of Glenn, and some of the things he said about his past and having to do "soul searchin" for where he is now, his romance with Karen and the age difference reminded me of Cindy, how he wants to do more R&B and standards in his solo career, things that happened in the 70s to him, and his sense of humor on & off stage. Even some of the supporting characters reminded me of Don (his best friend and band mate), Randy (his bass player whose initials are RM), and there was even a kindly young priest in it named Father Timothy. LOL I know I pictured Glenn easily since he was one of my Mom's teen idols in the 70s and the Eagles reunited when I was 8 and I was so drawn to him then, and when I became a teen.

I told Marie about this too and she thought that was awesome. She wrote Chris after her own teen idols in the 70s & 80s, but can now see how I pictured Glenn.

I just loved it so much and Marie did such a great job, and I can't wait for book 2 in the series.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sounds like a good story, Buffy!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Sounds like a good story, Buffy!
    It was and I'm anxiously waiting for the sequel. She left it on a cliffhanger too, so I told her to hurry. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Sounds like a book I would enjoy reading. I'll have to check it out.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Not sure where to post this. It came in a Google alert. It's tribute show to Glenn involving musicians I've never heard of. The event will take place next Thursday, April 7th, at the Shell Cafe in Pismo Beach, CA.
    http://lompocrecord.com/entertainmen...3ff69c801.html

Also in the Google alert was this youtube video of the Glenn Frey drive dedication.
    https://youtu.be/LGjk9GCA-YA
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post

I like that lovely observation of Charlie Brown's, HB. He's a bright fella. And glad to see you posting again. I sure am glad you found it comforting to come here and read other's thoughts, even if you weren't up to sharing at the time. It is perfectly understandable, and it was keeping you connected to Glenn and other fans in a way that worked for you - that's the important thing.

I am so thankful that we have The Border - not only for the last 10 years, but, especially, in the last 2 1/2 months.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

How about a sweet story? This was posted on the Eagles facebook and although I'm not completely comfortable with reposting facebook comments, as it's one of nearly 76,000, I might not be able to find it again. I'm not posting the name, but if she's reading this, thank you for sharing.
    A true story: I was 16 years when I read that Randy Meisner was leaving the band and the Glenn and Randy had physically fought so I decided to write them both a letter to admonish them for their behavior. About two weeks after I mailed the letter I got a phone call from none other than Glenn Frey. My mother answered the phone and when she heard a mans voice asking for her daughter began to question him. Unaware of who she was talking to, I remember her saying "I'm not famaliar with your band." She did allow me to talk to him but I was mortified that she told one of the biggest bands of the time that she didn't know who they were and I was rather shy back then. I just remember my hands shaking and my mouth drying up. I couldn't think of anything to ask or say. I just remember how kind, and sweet he was to me on the phone.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

OMG! A phone call from Glenn back in the 70's! How awesome! I would have died and gone to heaven right then! I'd also love to know what she said in the letters to get his response! Glenn!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten