Page 59 of 129 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Here's the video. What's with all the people up front moving around during the performance (56 seconds in)?

http://youtu.be/Zd7g4okWUQQ
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Sheryl and Grace did a really nice job with the song.

And I could care less about what Rolling Stone's opinion is as I have zero respect for their opinion. However, I sure hope that the tribute makes it onto the televised broadcast - it definitely deserves to. I'll be livid if the Bowie tribute makes the cut and Glenn's doesn't.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'm very glad they did a tribute. Good for them. And yes, HBO had better air it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I just saw another little smaller tribute to Glenn pop up in my Google Alert with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra doing a tribute concert on June 25th. It's called "The Music of The Eagles: A Tribute to Glenn Frey" and it'll be a 2-hour concert of 18 Eagles songs (not sure if they'll also do Glenn's solo songs). They'll also actually have a band performing with them as the conductor wanted to keep the harmonies and vocals of the songs, but add his own orchestra to them, and he actually talks about it more in the article. I really wish I could go to this as I love hearing rock music mixed with an orchestra. I have Collective Soul's DVD where they performed with a kids orchestra and it was amazing. This will probably be really great!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Thanks for the heads up, Buffy. Since this is on a Saturday night, it may be doable for me. I'm going to check it and definitely consider going.

Out on the Border TequilaSunrise82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I just saw another little smaller tribute to Glenn pop up in my Google Alert with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra doing a tribute concert on June 25th. It's called "The Music of The Eagles: A Tribute to Glenn Frey" and it'll be a 2-hour concert of 18 Eagles songs (not sure if they'll also do Glenn's solo songs). They'll also actually have a band performing with them as the conductor wanted to keep the harmonies and vocals of the songs, but add his own orchestra to them, and he actually talks about it more in the article. I really wish I could go to this as I love hearing rock music mixed with an orchestra. I have Collective Soul's DVD where they performed with a kids orchestra and it was amazing. This will probably be really great!!!
    I will actually be in Atlanta in June but earlier in the month! I would have loved to see this. Hopefully it will end up online somewhere.

Out on the Border

HELP - Yesterday I was part way through watching a two part interview Glenn did with some TV guy who's surname was Smiley?? I had to go to work and trying to find which thread the interview was posted in but I cannot find it.
    Can someone please point me in the right direction. I had really enjoyed the first part.

Quote Originally Posted by jane02 View Post
    HELP - Yesterday I was part way through watching a two part interview Glenn did with some TV guy who's surname was Smiley?? I had to go to work and trying to find which thread the interview was posted in but I cannot find it.
    Can someone please point me in the right direction. I had really enjoyed the first part.

Is it here? Post #98?
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...smiley&page=10
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jane02 View Post
    Go to

pbs.org/video/2365647990/

That's the page for part 1 of the Tavis Smiley interview. You should be able to link to part 2 from there.

Good luck.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Jane - I think this is the post you may be looking for:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ley#post328479

ETA: Well - I guess with three responses, Jane should be able to find the Tavis Smiley interview.