Page 62 of 129 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

My local news was doing their coverage of Prince's passing and they had a reporter at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I've never been so I didn't know they had a hallway where they honor the musicians who have passed away during the past year and they're already making room to add things for Prince. They had items of each artist in glass cases but they didn't really zoom in on that. However the camera started panning the walls in a circle where they have massive black & white portraits and I saw Ben E. King, Merle Haggard, Lemmy, David Bowie, others I couldn't make out, and then finally the camera ended on Glenn. I'm not exactly sure when or where the picture was from but it was sometime in the early 70s as Glenn had long hair and no facial hair. Thought it was so nice they showed that otherwise I probably never would've known they did something.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Saw that Google did a special "Purple Rain" doodle for the passing of Prince.
    Does anyone remember if they did one for Glenn? A "Tequila Sunrise," perhaps?
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I don't know if google did anything or not. I hope they did.

This morning I turned on my car to come to work and I heard the opening chords of Take It Easy come on the radio. Most of you know that it is my favorite Eagles song and also my favorite song of all time. It was bittersweet listening to it on my 5 minute drive and I was nostalgic and thinking of Glenn singing it in his early 70's days and how young he sounded. I loved how he belted out "lighten up while you still can"! I just loved his young voice so much! So smooth and so sweet and sexy! His voice grew deeper as he got older, but he always managed to sing it with gusto. It nearly brought me to tears thinking I'd never get to hear him live again.

But, nevertheless, a great way to start a Freyday!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

It's my favourite song of all time too, Brooke. I heard it on the radio this morning as well. It certainly creates mixed emotion!

Brooke, I totally agree about "Take it Easy" too.

Nola, as far as I remember Google didn't do a doodle after Glenn passed. I have Google for my home screen and love when they do them. They usually though tend to stick more to celebrities birthdays when they hit a milestone, so I think they could for Glenn's 70th birthday in 2 years. They did for all four of The Beatles when they hit 70.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Brooke, I totally agree about "Take it Easy" too.

Nola, as far as I remember Google didn't do a doodle after Glenn passed. I have Google for my home screen and love when they do them. They usually though tend to stick more to celebrities birthdays when they hit a milestone, so I think they could for Glenn's 70th birthday in 2 years. They did for all four of The Beatles when they hit 70.
    I hate to be cynical but if they didn't acknowledge his death they won't acknowledge his 70th birthday.

Once again I find myself comparing the amount of media coverage & feeling that Glenn did not get the respect he deserved. Only yesterday the BBC & Guardian ran two stories about celebrities who have died this year. He wasn't mentioned in either.

Any commentary or articles that I have seen on celebrities that have died this year have included Glenn & I know that at least one was British. So that's good. Don't know what's wrong with BBC.

I just remembered too Glenn passed on Martin Luther King, Jr. day and that was Google's doodle for the day so they wouldn't have changed it anyway. And I still could see them doing that for his 70th though. They recently did Ravi Shankar's birthday a couple weeks ago and I didn't expect that. I've also seen them honor various other scientists, musicians, actors, and other writers that I knew and others I did not. It's a good way to get people to research who or what their doodles are about.

I've also seen him get mentioned in so many articles talking about all the celebrities we've lost this year. Even the talk shows keep bringing him up too with the others.
    ~*Amanda*~

I get Google alerts about many bands & orchestras giving concerts of Eagles' music in tribute to Glenn.

Just as an FYI, Google's doodle today is for Earth Day.

The local cartoonist for my city's newspaper did this cartoon yesterday. He is soo right.

https://www.facebook.com/12988296373...type=3&theater
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-22-2016 at 11:17 PM.