Page 65 of 129 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I was feeling a bit grumpy that we've yet to hear much from Glenn's band mates* but instead I'm going to be thankful for those of his friends who took the time to share their feelings with us.

Thank you to Jack Tempchin for keeping up the good work by regularly making facebook posts about Glenn and the Eagles and for continuing to mention Glenn in interviews.

Thank you to John David Souther for those simple, heartbreaking comments about your "Little Brother" and memories of the wild, early days of Longbranch Pennywhistle.

Most of all, thank you to Bob Seger for coming out so strongly at the start so that no one was left in any doubt that Glenn was the leader of the band.

* Billboard reports that Joe is planning on having a tribute segment for the Detroit date of his tour. link
    Hear, hear!

I also can't picture Glenn painting.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I love Joe is going to do that!!! On other note Joe also confirmed in the article he's writing a memoir so will be interesting to read his POV and I'm sure there will be lots of stories of Glenn in it too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado

I get it that Glenn is from Detroit, but Glenn has fans worldwide. IMO, Joe should include the tribute in all of his shows. I hope he does.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by FWIW View Post
    I get it that Glenn is from Detroit, but Glenn has fans worldwide. IMO, Joe should include the tribute in all of his shows. I hope he does.
    He probably thinks only Detroit is appropriate.

I agree that we should be thankful to those who have made an effort to keep Glenn in people's thoughts.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Just found out Dierks Bentley is doing a tribute to Glenn at his concerts. His tour started last night and he brought out his two opening acts Cam and Randy Houser and they all sang "Take it Easy". I know I've heard Dierks and so many others talk about how Glenn and the Eagles were such a huge influence to them and nice to see they did this. Plus, I've been a fan of Dierks for about 13 years now and I love Cam too, so this was nice to see for me too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

This more a critique of Glenn's attitude and work ethic and how classical musicians should learn from it, than about the man himself.

A sample:
    The Eagles’ ascendence to mythic popularity is no accident. In Alison Ellison’s riveting 2013 documentary, History of the Eagles), Frey’s clarity of purpose hammers the viewer over and over: The audience comes first, comes only. Frey views his position in the band as fluid, not ego based — searching to find his highest and best use. Realizing the magic of Henley’s voice, he turned over more of the lead vocals. Frey took himself off of lead guitar when he brought in the guitar phenom Don (Fingers) Felder.
    http://www.orartswatch.org/glenn-freys-ghost/

Out on the Border

He is NOT at Wilhelm's in Portland OR - called and chatted with the folks there and since I have relatives who are located there, they were kind enough to check on this for me. The Wilhelm's website posts Memorials for some celebrities - currently Prince's memorial page can be seen there as well and we know he is in Minnesota.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

While I understand that we want to know how the guys are feeling, grieving is an extremely personal thing, and it's only fair and right to let them share their feelings when they are ready, if they choose to at all. To be fair, they really don't owe anyone an explanation anyway.

My response to losing Glenn, then reading all the negative press about the Eagles. He was one of a kind.

http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2016...-band-for.html

SS
    xx

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    My response to losing Glenn, then reading all the negative press about the Eagles. He was one of a kind.

http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2016...-band-for.html

SS
    xx
    What a great article S.S . Funny and perceptive. Yes, when does the Dude cease to be cool? And how right you are about Glenn Frey's sex appeal. As I often say "he was a man's man who loved women." They don't make 'em like that any more. I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as you about the other bands. As I said in my tribute to Glenn, my background has been in classical music and opera but The Eagles are a band for all time. Like you, I still feel tearful on hearing certain songs. They held so much of our past, of our young lives in their music. I will always be grateful I lived through their era. And it was theirs - they owned the 70s in the US.