Page 71 of 129 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

How lovely. What a wonderful tribute to Glenn.

I was at the show where the pictures were taken (see review here). It was my "epic journey" to Manhattan Beach Lodge, on my own and defying floods and tornadoes in order to see Glenn!

Thank you for those links, UTW.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    How lovely. What a wonderful tribute to Glenn.

I was at the show where the pictures were taken (see review here). It was my "epic journey" to Manhattan Beach Lodge, on my own and defying floods and tornadoes in order to see Glenn!

Thank you for those links, UTW.
    That's the one where you sheltered under the stage?
    The line that made me think of you was "the lengths he would go to NOT offend everyday people and to repay a kindness." Your accounts back this up.

Yes, that's the one!

And yes, he was so very kind. Others can say what they like, but I judge him by what I saw myself, and I saw one of the kindest men I've ever known.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I am just making this suggestion

I don't have to remind anyone here that today marks 6 months since Glenn left us. While the numbing shock has gone and our lives have gone on on the outside we are still feeling grief and pain. Sometimes when we least expect it a song or a memory or an incident triggers it off again. I'm suggesting that some time this evening (I'd suggest the time you heard about it - for me it was 10:11 pm GMT) each one of us just stops and lights a candle or turns on a candle or light app on their phone. Or release a balloon. Or raise a tequila sunrise to him Or whatever you feel is appropriate. Even just stand still. And if you pray, say one for Glenn. It can be a gesture of unity with each other and solidarity with Glenns family and friends and band mates.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Lovely idea, GA. My husband bought the ingredients for tequila sunrises last week. I think that I will have one tonight.

Same here, and I'll light a candle too when I can. I am working and can't do it the exact moment I found out via a text from TimothyBFan at 4:10 pm Central.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I don't remember the exact time my mom called and told me. It was such a shock. It must have been between 6-6:30 pm EST. I'll probably be doing schoolwork during that time, but I'll think of something to do in honor of Glenn.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

So much has happened in 6 months, but nothing much has really changed. It seems so long ago given all else that has happened, both in the world at large and in my own personal life.

I was walking down my hill in the frigid winter air when I got a text from my mother at 5:12 PM EST asking if I'd heard about Glenn Frey. I hadn't, but, knowing he was hospitalized with serious intestinal ailments, it wasn't hard to guess what had happened. I Google searched his name, and the first thing I saw was a death confirmation via NBC Nightly News' Twitter page.

What I'll probably end up doing is putting in a burned CD and playing a song from his solo career(probably the one with "You Belong to the City") when that time comes.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I was reminded this morning when I saw the date on my computer. I echo what everyone else has said and it is difficult to believe that six months have passed, especially as just twelve months ago he was coming to the end of a long and successful tour. In this time I have been lucky enough to hear Don dedicate Desperado to him. I will never forget going to see Don live, but more importantly I will never forget Glenn.

I went to bed before hearing the news six months ago so I didn't find out until the following morning. I will be listening to My Man in his honour - I've always loved that song but it means even more to me now.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That is a lovely idea GA and I'll say a prayer for him, his family & friends, and play some music this evening.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."