Page 72 of 129 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

I hurried home and I made it just in time. At 4:10:

I said a prayer also, and shed a few tears. I've been listening to his music all day whenever possible, and thinking about him.

We miss you, Glenn!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well, I missed the exact time, but it was 3:59pm Central when I saw that first tweet retweeted onto my feed. Going back into my Twitter archive puts another pit in my stomach.

But I had a moment earlier today... I began listening to Eagles tunes for a little while and cried it out to My Man while hugging my dog, so that helped. My HOTE tour shirt was also the first shirt I pulled out of the drawer this morning, so that's a coincidence.

I've been thinking about him all day. Damn it, Roach, I miss you. But your music will always be there.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I lit a candle and played Desperado. He hasn't been far from my thoughts today.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I am just making this suggestion

I don't have to remind anyone here that today marks 6 months since Glenn left us. While the numbing shock has gone and our lives have gone on on the outside we are still feeling grief and pain. Sometimes when we least expect it a song or a memory or an incident triggers it off again. I'm suggesting that some time this evening (I'd suggest the time you heard about it - for me it was 10:11 pm GMT) each one of us just stops and lights a candle or turns on a candle or light app on their phone. Or release a balloon. Or raise a tequila sunrise to him Or whatever you feel is appropriate. Even just stand still. And if you pray, say one for Glenn. It can be a gesture of unity with each other and solidarity with Glenns family and friends and band mates.
    Well, it was yesterday for me. I thought about him all day but I'm afraid I did nothing like that. It didn't even occur to me to do so. to those who did.

Although, thinking about it, it's 9.00 am here on the 19th, which is the time I found out about it.

May he rest in peace & I am thinking of his family & friends, and bandmates.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I was busy with schoolwork, but afterwards, I thought of him and said a prayer. I just heard New Kid in Town on the radio, and I got a little teary-eyed. It still hurts almost as much as it did 6 months ago.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I have to guess the time I read the news by way of a Google alert. I had just gotten into bed & turned on my iPad to check my emails & The Border (of course). I don't have a very regular bed time & it seems to me that I turned in earlier that usual that night. I think about 10:30 is a good guess.

As I am experiencing an episode of my inner ear disorder I think that I better forgo the tequila sunrise that I mentioned in my earlier post. I think I will listen to the song instead & play some more of Glenn's music, light a candle & pray for his family & those close to him.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I had Glenn on my mind on and off all day today. He was the first thing that popped in my mind when I woke up this morning. I was really busy at work, but every time I had a lull of any kind I thought of him. Then, on my drive home, I put in the Strange Weather CD and listened to my favorite songs since the drive isn't long enough to play the entire thing. When I got home, I sat in my driveway and finished listening to POMPOY. As I took out the CD and was putting it back in it's case, I began tearing up. On one hand, it's hard to believe it's been 6 months and on the other hand, it seem like an eternity.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    On one hand, it's hard to believe it's been 6 months and on the other hand, it seem like an eternity.
    That's exactly hoe I feel too Dreamer. Sending a big to everyone here right now
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I've been really busy yesterday due to a family emergency but I while I was waiting in the ER, I started to think about Glenn and couldn't believe that it was 6 months since his passing - doesn't seem like any time has passed since then but at least his is still in all our thoughts and will be for a long time to come.

ETA: My 90 yo aunt fell and broke her hip but she had a hip replacement operation this morning so hopefully she'll be up and running around again soon
    Last edited by L101; 07-19-2016 at 11:36 AM.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

L101, I hope everything works out ok.

I saw Glenn in person for the first time just last July in Little Rock, and yet I feel like I've lost an old friend. I look at the band photos, and there he is, still smiling at us, and it's difficult to realize that he is really gone. I guess that's just how it is. I'm in agreement with those who have reminded us all that Glenn lives on- in our hearts, and through his music.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you