Page 73 of 129 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

I had some songs from Glenn on my Amazon Music app on my car and listen to her solo songs while driving home from work.

I think it will kick again for me when his one year anniversary comes up in January. Plus knowing I'll be seeing Don 3 days before Glenn's anniversary of his death, I definitely will be remembering him.

I think as long as we still listen his music and the Eagles, he will never be forgotten. I will continue to listen to his and the guys music. Most of the music I like are from people who are not together anymore, not making any new music, or dead. I'm not going to stop even though Glenn is not here. I will continue to remember him maybe until I decide to stop listening which is not going to happen anytime soon.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    On one hand, it's hard to believe it's been 6 months and on the other hand, it seem like an eternity.
    I made the exact same comment on fb yesterday Dreamer. It seems like it's been a lot longer than six months in many ways but it's still a shock.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    I've been really busy yesterday due to a family emergency but I while I was waiting in the ER, I started to think about Glenn and couldn't believe that it was 6 months since his passing - doesn't seem like any time has passed since then but at least his is still in all our thoughts and will be for a long time to come.

ETA: My 90 yo aunt fell and broke her hip but she had a hip replacement operation this morning so hopefully she'll be up and running around again soon
    Oh I hope she is better L101. Dad had the same done 6 years ago in his 80s and physically never looked back. Saying prayers for your aunt x
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I lit my candle and played a song but it didn't really seem right for me. Then I realised that I probably remember him most days as I continue to play the music, probably moreso than when he was alive. When I'm fed up, my go-to is Glenn singing "Cool Jerk". I play air-drums along with it.

Stuck on the Border

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-01-...-of-glenn-frey

So the word 'genius' finally gets a run.

This list isn't necessarily GLENN's best work. Life In The Fast Lane? As for The Heat Is On, show some imagination.

Stuck on the Border

Jack Tempchin:

Tempchin said he was amazed at how The Eagles transformed his song into a worldwide hit, and he said he owes it all to his friend Glenn Frey.

“I had two other songs recorded by other groups, but they hadn’t done much commercially,” he said. “The other song I had was ‘Peaceful Easy Feeling’ and The Eagles really liked it and their arraignment is true Glenn Frey and it’s just incredible. He saw so much more from that song and I’m very proud of that song. I remember Glenn had brought the song back after they had recorded it in England. As I heard it, I just knew it was a monster hit and one of the greatest songs of all time.

“That’s the song I get asked about the most. It really touched a chord in people to this day.”
    MY FRIEND, GLENN FREY

After The Eagles took a hiatus in 1980, Frey and Tempchin began a decade-plus partnership that produced some of the decade’s most enduring songs.

One of those tunes, “You Belong to the City,” became a No. 2 hit in 1985 and was featured on the television series “Miami Vice” and on it’s soundtrack.

Tempchin remembers that the song was just one of many that came out of their jam sessions and him making up songs on the spot.

“As with almost every other song we wrote together, we were just sitting around and we hit on a groove that we liked and Glenn was great at developing a song idea and I would throw out lyrics and we’d make it up on the spot. I really like that song. It has great instrumentation and that saxophone intro is just beautiful.”

Tempchin said he still misses Frey, who passed away in January, but is proud of the legacy of songs that they made together.

“Glenn and I were friends for 46 years. I knew him for 10 years before we wrote any songs together,” he said. “Our working relationship was very simple. It was just a partnership, so we never had any conflicts. Glenn loved the music so much and his knowledge of music was staggering. It was just a privilege to work with a guy that good.

“I’m going to miss it and miss him very much.”
    http://news4sanantonio.com/news/ente...-one-more-song

Stuck on the Border

I'm not sure that everyone will like this one but I've read enough hints in other comments to believe it's fairly accurate. I find it amusing and rather endearing.
    http://blog.mediander.com/glenn-frey-was-nice-to-me/

It reminds me of a facebook post I read about Glenn putting on a disguise to go shopping and being shocked to be recognised by a fan - not just because she saw through the disguise but because she was old.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for those, UtW.

You can certainly feel the love Jack Tempchin had for Glenn.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Jack certainly shows a lot of gratitude. From some of Glenn's interviews, I think Jack helped ground Glenn by showing how to enjoy making music without all the trappings.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks for the articles UTW. Love reading Jack's comments too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."