Page 74 of 129 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Border Desperado

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Thanks for the links UtW. I am always so touched whenever Jack talks about Glenn. It seems like they shared such a great, uncomplicated friendship for so many years. We all need friends like that in our lives.

Border Desperado

Here are some more comments from Jack Tempchin. I don't think this link was posted earlier.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2016/09/...gerry-beckley/

The segment with Jack starts at ~5:15. Jon Grayson starts by mistakenly saying that Jack co-wrote "Take It Easy." But it gets better

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Jack is such a sweetheart. I would love to go see him perform sometime.

And as I mentioned in another thread, I've been under the weather this week and haven't been out of the house all weekend, so I've had a lot of time to do a lot of thinking - scary, I know. But, Glenn has especially been on my mind. I found this page on YouTube while searching for something else. Anyway, I don't remember a lot of these tributes being posted here before, so here is a link to a whole page of tributes from various sources that were on television when he died in January. But, they come with a warning - they will probably cause some tears ...

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...enn+frey+death

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post

And as I mentioned in another thread, I've been under the weather this week and haven't been out of the house all weekend, so I've had a lot of time to do a lot of thinking - scary, I know. But, Glenn has especially been on my mind. I found this page on YouTube while searching for something else. Anyway, I don't remember a lot of these tributes being posted here before, so here is a link to a whole page of tributes from various sources that were on television when he died in January. But, they come with a warning - they will probably cause some tears ...

Thanks for those links FWIW & Dreamer. And yes, the tears did flow.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post

Glenn has been on my mind too this weekend, I think its because its this weekend 2 years ago that I was at what was to be my last Eagles show with Soda, Dreamer, HB, HH Desperado, Topkat and quite a few other Borderers too
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

As Lyin' Eyes is playing....

I've been thinking it's time to change my av and sig, but I can't do it. I even went and made new ones. Went in to the area to do it. I love the ones I have so much (and I'm really a 70's era lover) I can't change them. I really don't know why, but he looked very much like my current ones at the time.....
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

So I know how you feel, Brooke. I have the guys at the Grammys as my cover picture on facebook. I don't know if I will ever take it down. I've had it up for 7 months. I probably will keep up there for a little while longer. The Eagles are one of my favorite bands. I don't put whomever as my cover picture.

I'm the same way about changing the site banners on GFO and EOC. I feel it's time but I can't bring myself to do it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    As Lyin' Eyes is playing....

I've been thinking it's time to change my av and sig, but I can't do it. I even went and made new ones. Went in to the area to do it. I love the ones I have so much (and I'm really a 70's era lover) I can't change them. I really don't know why, but he looked very much like my current ones at the time.....
    I just continue to change them every week like I always did. That was my habit & I saw it as another way of remembering. But it's up to you, Brooke.

Facebook is different, however. I have other interests there which I can highlight & I change the cover photo there reguarly too (although not every week).

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I haven't changed my Facebook profile or cover photo since Glenn's passing. I doubt I will until at least one year anniversary. It's part of my tribute to him. On here, I've changed my avatar and signature a few times, but I plan on sticking with what I have. Everyone is different, though.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time