Page 78 of 129 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Out on the Border

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

There was a segment on NBC Nightly News and Glenn was a part of it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/...t-844874307701

Thanks for the heads up and the link.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

You're welcome.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I just saw this on FaceBook and iHeartRadio put together a great tribute video for some of the celebs that passed away this year either performing or dancing and Glenn's in it. It's set to Wham!'s "Wake me Up Before You Go-Go" and so nice seeing everyone looking happy in it.

https://www.facebook.com/iheartradio...2/?pnref=story
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I have wondered if we will ever figure out where Glenn is burried if he was burtied. I understand the Frey Family wishes private but wouldnt there be public records? Because I am pretty sure most of us would be quiet and repsectful. If we ever found out I would go and lay A wreath made of Guitar Picks

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    I have wondered if we will ever figure out where Glenn is burried if he was burtied. I understand the Frey Family wishes private but wouldnt there be public records? Because I am pretty sure most of us would be quiet and repsectful. If we ever found out I would go and lay A wreath made of Guitar Picks
    He may have been cremated & if that is the case there wouldn't be a public record. I would have thought the fact that no announcement was ever made indicates cremation.

Its kinda strange that I saw on Glenn's trivia part of his bio section on IMDB.com said he was cremated. I didn't know if it was true when I first. So I never posted that info on here because I didn't know if it was true. Glenn may had been cremated because we never heard of a funeral other than his memorial service a day after the Grammys.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Its kinda strange that I saw on Glenn's trivia part of his bio section on IMDB.com said he was cremated. I didn't know if it was true when I first. So I never posted that info on here because I didn't know if it was true. Glenn may had been cremated because we never heard of a funeral other than his memorial service a day after the Grammys.
    I get that, but I would have thought you still have a funeral prior to the cremation, as happened with my father, at least that is what I am familiar with.

I think I heard that some people do funeral before cremation and some don't.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

When my Grandpa died in 2015 he was cremated and we had the memorial service afterwards. There usually isn't a casket there but it depends on the person and the family's wishes as some will have a traditional funeral instead of a memorial service. My Papa wanted it to be more like a family reunion so he was cremated before it and the urn was there, so when we had the service we had a slide show of pictures up. He and my Granny (who plans to do the same) wanted the people there to remember them as they were. However, my other Grandparents on my Dad's side are Catholic so it was a new thing to them, since they came to the service, as the older Catholics still don't believe in it. Different religions think different things about it. My Papa's ashes still haven't been scattered as we know that won't happen till after my Granny joins him as she's told us, so the urn is at their house for now.

So I had been wondering too if maybe this was the case for Glenn too and why we didn't hear anything about a burial.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."