Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting In The Weeds

Default Waiting In The Weeds

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!! This song is so amazing!!!! I love it! It reminds me of some of the folk music I listened to as a kid. Their voices are just so beautiful!

I absolutely ADORE this song. I think it's brilliant - lyrically, musically - I like everything about it. I find it FLAWLESS. How rare is that?! I can't get enough of it. It's his best work in two decades. Amazing.

My favorite part: when Don takes it up a notice with the "ferris wheel" segment. The best lyrics of the song, the most melodic segment of the song, the most passion in the song.

Kudos to Don. He has really outdone himself here.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I think everyone likes this one. It's great.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

OMG! This song is absolutely beautiful. I just returned from a trip to the bank in the neighboring town and listened to it 3 times on the way home!

First of all, the acoustic guitar. Is Glenn playing there? Then Don's gorgeous raspy voice. The beautiful harmonies. The oooooohs and aaaaaaaahs. The mandolin. The haunting piano. What more can I say! I think it is beyond all words. It very nearly makes me cry, but I find myself nearly nolding my breath and wanting more.

Probably going to be my favorite!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I love the song except for the line 'he's the darling of the chic' which seems totally at variance with the rustic mood and takes us back to the milieu of Busy Being Fabulous. I love all the stuff about the chambers of the heart and the spider weaving its web.

Border Desperado

I think this song is a masterpiece! Love the lyrics, and the harmony vocals are just stunning. My favorite part is when they get to the end and Timothy is repeating what Don is singing. If they do this song live (and hopefully they will because I think it's the best song on LROOE) I hope they'll include this part.

I hope they do it live, but they might hesitate to do a longer ballad live that isn't already known to the audience, like Lyin' Eyes. Still, I think out of all the songs off of LROOE, this song has had the most universal approval - at least on the message-board-posting online community, which admittedly is just a fraction of the overall fandom.

tbs said what I was thinking..........this song is absolutely a masterpiece! Sheer brilliance! lol I seriously had it on repeat all day today. Lyrically it is just superb.......tie that to Don's stunning vocal and the beautiful harmonies..........nothing short of amazing! I really like when he goes into the "he's the darling of the........." vocally. He takes it up a notch and hits beautiful notes and then brings it back down into that slower, lower rasp. *sigh* Gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by tbsfan
    I think this song is a masterpiece! Love the lyrics, and the harmony vocals are just stunning. My favorite part is when they get to the end and Timothy is repeating what Don is singing. If they do this song live (and hopefully they will because I think it's the best song on LROOE) I hope they'll include this part.

I love that part, too, tbs! When singing along with the cd, I abandon the lead there and start singing with Tim. lol

Tim's harmony fits perfectly there. I love to listen to it.