Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Randy's new music!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Randy's new music!

Welcome, lovejunker. The settlement was apparently approved by the judge on January 20th, at least there are no more hearings scheduled. No details were released.

The singer on the "Best I've Ever Been" demo is David Morgan. David P. Murphy is a co-writer. If you look at his profile page on Broadjam, in the comments section, he says that the song's lyrics are "absolutely" Randy's story.

Out on the Border

Oh thank you so much NightMistBlue! Good to picture Randy telling some of his story. Where did you see a pic to see he looked betterTravlnman2? Maybe the now gone video? Thanks so much for all the info guys!

Yes, on the now disappeared video. I don't understand why it was taken down. But one thing a Randy fan must tolerate is mystery. He's an enigmatic fella, that Mr. Meisner.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    You can hear the song on the singer David P. Murphy's Broadjam page: http://www.broadjam.com/artists/song...&mediaID=15148

I agree with travlnman2; Randy looks better now than he has in a long time. And it's amazing to hear he's working again. I don't think anyone saw that coming. Wonderful, positive news about the Meis.

Correction to what I posted yesterday: Randy gets a writing credit on both the lyrics and music. One can't know if the lyrics are autobiographical for Randy since there are two other writers involved, but some do seem to speak to his situation:

to turn the page on yesterday
    is not an easy task
    i'm old and tired, set in my ways
    and i need some changes fast
    i will scale the walls to see my faults
    as i reach for strength within
    because i wanna be better than
    the best i've ever been
    Well then if it is autobiographical then i am so happy he is doing well.cInsaw him he looked liked he was working out and put some muscle on because he looked unheathly thin in the hote doc.

For those who didnt see the video. Mitchell sent a screenshot of him and Randy to a Randy Meisner fan page on facebook
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, Randy does look much better in that video than in HOTE. He looks well and sounds good. Keep on Tryin' Meis!

So AWESOME to hear/read something wonderful about Randy. I absolutely LOOOOOVE this man!!! Like others have said before, I hope he is aware of and reads forums like this one, so he can know/feel how much his fans love him. Thank you for sharing

My Favorite Eagle, any word on the video being on youtube again?

No, it was pulled with no explanation and there's no indication it will come back.

One of Randy's song co-writers reported that he had received a private message from a complete stranger "grinding" him (I assume that's like harassing him?) about working with Randy. WTF?

I have no idea if that is why Mitchel - the other collaborator - pulled the video. I saw that he had prevented comments from being made on YouTube when the video was still up, which indicates perhaps that he was also concerned about online abuse.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 02-09-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    No, it was pulled with no explanation and there's no indication it will come back.

One of Randy's song co-writers reported that he had received a private message from a complete stranger "grinding" him (I assume that's like harassing him?) about working with Randy. WTF?

I have no idea if that is why Mitchel - the other collaborator - pulled the video. I saw that he had prevented comments from being made on YouTube when the video was still up, which indicates perhaps that he was also concerned about online abuse.
    I don't understand this at all. Mystified. Our Randy?
    Agreed, NMB! WTF?

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you