Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles on 60 Minutes

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Now wouldn't that have been cool, DF! Just think, you may have sat right beside him on some park bench there and not even realized who he was! And of course, he might have been in disquise, too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

A date has been set for this now: Nov. 25.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Ugh, the football game's gone into overtime! Score already, people, and end this dang game so we can get to 60 Minutes!

Whew! Game over! FINALLY! That wasn't so bad.

GO CHICAGO BEARS!

Luckily there was another channel here in Ontario with the 60 Minutes show on so I've seen it. It was FANTASTIC!!

The Eagles part comes on just past the halfway point of the show and they are on for about 15 minutes. All the guys get to talk and they only seem to have one or two shots from the Trobadour.

A funny little thing.... The interviewer asks Don about the bands past expierences with the law.... and Don mumbles around for a bit but finally comes out with "well Glenn and I both had our run ins with the law, back in the day"

Quote Originally Posted by timfan
    Luckily there was another channel here in Ontario with the 60 Minutes show on so I've seen it. It was FANTASTIC!!
    Lucky duck!!!

Oh man, 60 Minutes is doing a story on how easy it is for hackers to get into stores to find out your information and steal your credit cards. Lovely!

Just saw it. I think the interview was OK, but not as good as I'd hoped. The fact that the Dan Tana's segment was about 30 seconds didn't help much (and no Troubadour segment). I think that 60 minutes could have had more interview and less old concert clips in the alloted 15 minute segment, but overall it was pretty good. For instance, it was cool to have them give a joint interview with all four of them, and an interview with just Glenn and Don (although they didn't use much of that). The guys look better on the TV than they did on the computer clip, IMHO.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I thought it was pretty good, but they didn't even mention the Troubador. I didn't know when they were there!

I liked the question about everybody wanting to know what HC was about. Don laughed and said "I know, it's so boring!" And Don went on and on about it being Glenn's band, he got it together, Glenn found the first hit song and Glenn sang it, etc. I also loved the BBC part with Glenn singing PEF in the green shirt! And Glenn singing the guitar riff of LITFL was so cute!

Just not long enough. sigh
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    I thought it was pretty good, but they didn't even mention the Troubador. I didn't know when they were there!
    I corrected my earlier post - they were at Dan Tana's, not the Troubadour. But you're right, they didn't say so, and the Troubadour wasn't even shown!

I liked the question about everybody wanting to know what HC was about. Don laughed and said "I know, it's so boring!"
    I was like "You mean everybody doesn't know by now?" lol

And Don went on and on about it being Glenn's band, he got it together, Glenn found the first hit song and Glenn sang it, etc.
    I thought that was nice - and was much more diplomatic about disagreements. No complaining about being "overruled."

I also loved the BBC part with Glenn singing PEF in the green shirt! And Glenn singing the guitar riff of LITFL was so cute!
    Well, he did look adorable in both segments, what can you say? lol