Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles on 60 Minutes

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Don was probably glancing around the room because it was the old hangout, Dan Tana's, and he hadn't been there in a while. He was probably just thinking about how different it looked.

It wasn't like he had his arms crossed and was scooted as far away from Glenn as possible!
    Exactly! In fact, he's actually sitting quite close to Glenn (one of the first things I noticed!) considering he could have moved over considerably and been sitting in the center between Glenn and the interviewer with plenty of room on either side. It seemed to me to be exactly like you said....Don seemed to be checking the place out and quite comfortable beside Glenn.

By the way, I liked Don's outfit in that particular section

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for that Soda. You know, I don't think I got the whole interview here. I don't remember seeing them at Dan Tana's at all. I'll have to check out my tape tonight.

Over all, I think the guys were very congenial and in a good mood. From what I saw. I'm glad they are doing all this press.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Liked the interview. Wish there had been more comments from Tim and Joe and wish it had been longer. Nice to see though.

Yeah - they trumpeted the fact that it was a rare interview with all four Eagles at once, then didn't really talk to two of them! I doubt Joe and Tim got individual interviews, either. It's possible they did and TPTB that just edited them out, of course.

Brooke - the part at Dan Tana's was the "Body Language" part. They never said where they were.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Don was probably glancing around the room because it was the old hangout, Dan Tana's, and he hadn't been there in a while. He was probably just thinking about how different it looked.
    Exactly!

And they definitely should've identified where they were, Dan Tana's or the Troubador (since I had no clue) and told viewers why that place was important.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but wasn't Lyin Eyes written there?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Found it on YouTube - better watch it now before it gets jerked down! Unfortunately, the quality is poor. I'll keep checking back for better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17VvccJpP4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDgTAOTsMek
    Nice one Soda! As you say, the quality wasn't great with the video several seconds behind the audio, but for someone like me who hadn't had a hope of seeing it live it was quite a respectable alternative. I liked the way Don deferred to the band as being Glenn 's band rom the start, as many people forget that, and also the fact that they both admitted to being friends without hesitation. Just my tuppence worth
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thanks for those links, Soda. Saved on my hard disc now. Good old YouTube!

I found a CNN channel on our Sky, but no mention of 60 minutes, so didn't manage to record this.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Exactly!

And they definitely should've identified where they were, Dan Tana's or the Troubador (since I had no clue) and told viewers why that place was important.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but wasn't Lyin Eyes written there?
    Hmm, not sure! If so, though, they darn sure should have mentioned it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    I found a CNN channel on our Sky, but no mention of 60 minutes, so didn't manage to record this.
    60 Minutes is not a CNN program.

Stuck on the Border

The title of Lyin' Eyes may have been thought of at the Troubadour (it was certainly in a bar). Don & Glenn wrote the song at the house they shared which was once owned by Dorothy Lamour.

I'm so glad I got to see that. The body language was fine. I did expect Tim to suddenly say 'it's not the circle of fear'.... and I would have liked to have seen Glenn's face while Don was doing the 'it's his band' stuff.

And hooray for this wonderful cut and paste method of obtaining screen shots.