Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorable Glenn sayings/lines

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Memorable Glenn sayings/lines

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    OK, I have one. In my view it should not be censored, so if you are offended, please forgive me this one.

'Being in the Eagles was a fucking blast'.
    As moderator of the Glenn forum FP I think that quote is good enough to bring through to the next page, it just sums up his life and attitude!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Out on the Border

In June 1978, Glenn & Henley wrote a very funny & tongue-in-cheek article in Rolling Stone magazine after their famous Eagles vs. RS writers baseball game which they won. The article was titled "Eagles Land on RS," and ended like this: "....(the RS team) left 13 runners stranded while committing 5 errors. In the end it was errors that cost RS the game. Their first error was to call the Eagles sissies in Random Notes. Their second error was to compete with us in front of girls." --- that's so cute!

Out on the Border

Here's an excerpt from a 1979 interview in Rolling Stone with Glenn by Charles M. Young. It's not funny, but it's interesting about their relationship & women:

- What's it like writing with Henley?
    It's hard to be friends when every time you're together you're expected to come up with something brilliant. There are no innocent dinners. Sometimes I'm real active, & sometimes I'm just the guy who holds the fan in the emperor's court. It sounds weird, but he's my longest, successful romance---almost eight years now. The trick is to be able to disagree and move on. We've tried writing with other guys, but the only one who's worked out is JD. I get a lot of satisfaction from having conspirators. It's great to go to your buddies after the song's a hit and say, "We didn't know it, but we knew it, didn't we?"

- I count 3 songs--Witchy Woman, Good Day in Hell, & One of These Nights where the Eagles equate women with the Devil. Has your perception of women changed over the years?
    I constantly ask myself what I think of women. Lately I've been feeling less physical. I'm through my playmate period, ya know, when you meet a real pretty girl & immediately attach all these great qualities to her. But women are objects for men, whether or not sex objects. They're a goal---that's the way we're brought up. Maybe there's something wrong with that. The Devil imagery was just a way of describing a seductive look.

- But the Devil is evil. Aren't you equating sex with evil?
    Yeah, well, we're speaking to America...

"Hey, I didn't make a big deal out of Hotel California. The 18 million people that bought it did."

This is one of my all-time favorite Glenn quotes. It makes me smile every time I hear it. Unfortunately, I can't find it anywhere else except for this long segment. Just go to 5:40.

http://youtu.be/17VvccJpP4I
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

"For the record, we never broke up. We just took a fourteen-year vacation."

I've often wondered, despite countless comments and statements to the contrary, if somewhere in the back of their minds they didn't always believe that a reunion would eventually happen. His delivery of that line for the first time in HFO resonates with innuendo. He told some great jokes during the shows and made some profound statements in various interviews thru the years but this one will always be THE classiest and most classic of all in my mind.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Some more of the ones that Soda has on GFO.

On the Eagles:
    With us, it's almost like the chapters keep ending, but the book isn't finished." (Los Angeles Times 1999)

On life in general:
    "[Yesterday is] a place I don't spend any time." (Melody Maker 1985)

"I'm too busy living to think about dying." (Melody Maker 1985)

I think that the last one was still the truth even 30 years after he said it.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

A song lyric that comes to mind when reading about all the things he was intending to do.

People don't run out of dreams, people run out of time.

“Your first songs are going to suck, but they’re the only way to get to the really good ones.”

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Eagles huh? You know, I don't think so!!
    LOL I love it when Glenn said this on the documentary

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!