Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion about Glenn Frey's conditions

Default Re: Information about Glenn Frey's conditions

...so did he actually have the surgery or not????????

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

There are mixed reports about that, GH; however, IIRC, someone pointed out in an earlier discussion that Irving said Glenn never had the surgery. I would definitely take Irving's word over others, especially the person who wrote this article. He has too many errors in the article for me to consider him an informed and credible source.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I found the list of drugs scary. Several of them are drugs that I can not take. Glad now that I had only a mild reaction before I refused to take them. I'm lucky in my case there were others that I could take.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    There are mixed reports about that, GH; however, IIRC, someone pointed out in an earlier discussion that Irving said Glenn never had the surgery. I would definitely take Irving's word over others, especially the person who wrote this article. He has too many errors in the article for me to consider him an informed and credible source.
    Agree, Dreamer - this guy has so many inaccuracies and basic facts wrong, I can't credit the article. What is this about uncontrolled bleeding during surgery?? Who does this guy know?

I do believe that the medications Glenn took allowed him to perform for the HOTE doc and tour, and for that I am grateful. The drugs may have led to his death, but they may have prolonged his life, so I'm not going to second guess.

I have to say that the fact that Glenn died is still surreal to me, I'm not really processing it.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

there's my question. this article said he had the surgery and he was bleeding so much. but their manager dude said he never had it. I think the one to believe is their manager. I swear man if this is some phony looking to get notoriety over something so tragic... what type of doctor is he anyway?

Unfortunately, I can't find an article where Azoff is directly quoted on the matter, but according to the LA Times' paraphrase of his comments, he said Glenn never underwent the surgery.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado The Disco Strangler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Agree, Dreamer - this guy has so many inaccuracies and basic facts wrong, I can't credit the article. What is this about uncontrolled bleeding during surgery?? Who does this guy know?

I do believe that the medications Glenn took allowed him to perform for the HOTE doc and tour, and for that I am grateful. The drugs may have led to his death, but they may have prolonged his life, so I'm not going to second guess.

I have to say that the fact that Glenn died is still surreal to me, I'm not really processing it.
    Well said.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I agree with this too, MC. Glenn had two autoimmune diseases and there are always risks in treating these. My oldest sister has RA and Lupus and I know her doctors have to manage her treatments very carefully. Hopefully, Glenn was receiving top notch medical care, but, apparently, God needed another angel and it was his time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for posting the article. As I've said before I have Lupus and R.A. These medications do come with a host of side effects. All of them suppress the immune system and if Glenn's body was trying to fight off pneumonia and the drugs were being used to treat his RA and UC I can only speculate that the pneumonia took over. IMO. Because if he'd been on medications for sometime usually reactions arise pretty quickly. Most of the side effects of these drugs are liver related, and increase in enzymes. With the drug stopped, the enzymes usually return to normal. Other side effects are cancer and a host of others too numerous to mention. However, if he was getting good medical care he was probably having blood work often to monitor the reactions to his body. I can only say this again if he was on these drugs and he developed pneumonia, IMO that is probably what he died of. I am not a Dr. but have been an avid reader on these conditions for many years. Just my thoughts. Still such a sad time. I cannot believe he's gone. RIP Glenn Lewis Frey.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Out on the Border

Default anyone see it coming?

I mean he was the youngest member of the group and seeing his interview in the 2013 documentary - he hadn't aged too bad (as opposed to Meisner who looked 80). I mean he hadn't announced he was sick or anything and its not like the cause-of-death (pneumonia, ultcerative collitis, arthritis) is something you would expect to kill you.