Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion about Glenn Frey's conditions

Default Re: Discussion about Glenn Frey's conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    We assume he got pneumonia in hospital which meant the surgery could not occur. The pneumonia then became more virulent & nothing could be done.

We have no information on whether he was buried or cremated. There were a couple of suggestions which could not be substantiated.

For those who are still assuming he had surgery please read this:

At the time, Frey had a flare-up of intestinal problems he’d struggled with for years, Azoff said, and was hospitalized with plans for surgery. But he developed pneumonia and never was strong enough to undergo that procedure.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...118-story.html
    Interesting - never saw this news report with Azoff's comments. Thanks!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Didn't he get a bacterial infection that caused him to be hospitalized in LA after vacationing with his family in Hawaii before he caught the pneumonia? I remember reading that somewhere in one of the articles.
    Yes.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

It is very common for ill people with a compromised immune system to get deadly bacterial or staph infections such as pneumonia, CRE, MRSA, or Sepsis. Very often times, they can get multiple infections. My aunt passed away under very similar circumstances as Glenn except her death was brought on by kidney stones. Like Glenn, she actually improved and was taken off the ventilator for a couple of days. But then, her condition worsened again and she was placed back into the coma. She contracted all of the infections I mentioned while she was in the coma. In Glenn's case, if I understand it correctly, he actually contracted pneumonia before he had the surgery, which is why some reports say he never had the operation.

And I don't believe the details of Glenn's funeral arrangements have been made public.

ETA: Sorry for the repetition - I guess we were all posting at the same time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Didn't he get a bacterial infection that caused him to be hospitalized in LA after vacationing with his family in Hawaii before he caught the pneumonia? I remember reading that somewhere in one of the articles.
    I remembered that article. I think I have that article saved somewhere.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-04-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I remembered that article. I think I have that article saved somewhere.
    I think I may have found it thanks to you and AG95

Eagles manager says arthritis pills played role in Frey’s death

http://pagesix.com/2016/01/19/glenn-...ays-bob-seger/

Frey’s final decline began roughly a month after his last performance with the Eagles in Bossier City, La., on July 29, said his brother, Alan Frey, to The Post.

Glenn Frey had vacationed in Hawaii after the tour ended but was forced to check into a hospital in Los Angeles with an intestinal infection in October, he said.

Frey briefly recovered — and even planned to perform again with the band at the Kennedy Center Honors cultural achievement awards in Washington, DC, in December. But he was forced to cancel in early November, saying he needed to undergo surgery.

Thanks, Dawn. I have that article saved somewhere. I just didn't remembered where it was.

I just noticed something at the end of the article. I don't remembered if we talked about this, but it was interesting.

Frey fought to keep his final hospital battle a secret from the world. Frey hated talking about his worsening condition, and no one imagined how bad it really was until the very end, said Alan Frey, 60, a mechanic from Phoenix.
    When I saw this quote from his brother, I was happy that the press didn't hog Glenn's family. But also. If the guys didn't have the KCH, we probably wouldn't had known he was in the hospital or how sick he was.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Thanks, Dawn. I have that article saved somewhere. I just didn't remembered where it was.

I just noticed something at the end of the article. I don't remembered if we talked about this, but it was interesting.

When I saw this quote from his brother, I was happy that the press didn't hog Glenn's family. But also. If the guys didn't have the KCH, we probably wouldn't had known he was in the hospital or how sick he was.
    Regarding Kennedy Center Honors - you make a great point - if not for the announcement that the Eagles had to postpone the Dec ceremony due to Glenn's medical needs I don't think the public would have known he was hospitalized. Second, in spite of the seriousness it's likely Glenn had every hope and expectation the surgery and 2-3 month recovery/healing would go well and he'd soon be back in the saddle.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Information about Glenn Frey's conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It still makes me desperately sad that he may never had even had the chance to say goodbye to his family. Presumably when he went into hospital he was still conscious & had hopes of recovery. It also saddens me that his birthday & Christmas were spent there.
    This makes me sad, too, but I tell myself that surely, Cindy would have been there when they brought him out of the coma and even if he was unable to talk, a squeeze of a hand would have said it all.

He knew things were serious before he went into hospital so even if he didn't think it was life-threatening, he may have had that talk with the people close to him.

[My mother died suddenly and unexpectedly but she had a scare two weeks earlier that prompted her to say all the things she should have to my father and this gave him a lot of comfort.]

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Nearly 3 months after his passing, and I'm still brought to tears by reading something . As someone whose dad never got to say goodbye to his family, the thought that Glenn didn't either hits me hard. It's bad enough that he spent his birthday and Christmas in the hospital, possibly in a coma for both, but to not be able to say goodbye.

I'm glad for the KCH. Can you imagine if us fans didn't have an inkling that something was wrong? If we thought that he was just taking some time off, enjoying life, and then be hit with the news that he'd died? At least this way, we knew that he was sick.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I hate to say this, but thank goodness for the KCH award postponement announcement.

I agree. If the guys were not asked to be honor at the KCH awards this year, we would had never known Glenn was in the hospital very sick since he didn't want anybody to know he was very sick. And I think the news of Glenn's death would had hit us much much harder knowing we didn't know he was in the hospital and very sick. I always thought of that when it was first announced Glenn had to have surgery a month before the KCH. Unlike David(who also kept his illness and how sick he was a secret), we knew Glenn was sick. We just didn't know how sick he was.

I really hope and pray during that small little times he was out of the coma, he got to speak to Cindy and the children. Hoping he got out of that second coma just for a little time to say goodbye to Cindy and the children.

To think about it. Glenn had to tell them before he went into the coma to not tell anybody how sick he was. Like some said, he might had thought he was going to pull through this one like he did those other times, but since he was little older and had more health problems, the odds were not in his favor this time. Some part of me kinda knew he might not pull through this time especially when we didn't hear anything else after that announcement.

It kinda hit me that something was not right or I got very nervous about Glenn's health when David Bowie died. I was hoping and praying Glenn was all right when we got the news of David's death and then boom!!! We got the news the following week.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-05-2016 at 04:30 PM.