Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Discussion about Glenn Frey's conditions

Default Re: Discussion about Glenn Frey's conditions

I'm also glad Glenn was still alive to do the HOTE documentary even though his health probably wasn't that bad 3 or 4 years ago when they were making the documentary.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-05-2016 at 04:31 PM.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Information about Glenn Frey's conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

It still makes me desperately sad that he may never had even had the chance to say goodbye to his family. Presumably when he went into hospital he was still conscious & had hopes of recovery. It also saddens me that his birthday & Christmas were spent there.
    I was thinking of him over Christmas a lot but in the context of him hopefully over the surgery and relaxing with (and being spoiled by) his family - maybe if he was feeling more energy gradually easing himself into some songwriting. Although I was starting to get concerned that he wasnt being seen out at all over the season I just put it down to recuperating.

As regards saying goodbye, I'd say he and Cindy knew it was serious, and it was quite likely they did have the 'If this goes wrong...' discussion. In any case she would have been in no doubt how much he loved her and Vice Versa. I'm sure they had their ways to communicate while he was ill.

Funny, when I heard about Bowie I too felt this premonition 'what if it was Glenn ?' Then sighed th some sort of relief and chided myself for being so silly. And a week later WHAM
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I think we all were nervous that we didn't hear anything else after the announcement. I think we brushed it off saying no news is good news. He's probably at home healing. This time the waiting and not hearing anything else was starting to make us very nervous.

As Glenn was healing (knowing now he wasn't during this time), I was thinking about going to my very first Eagles concert once Glenn got better. It was on my bucket list to make sure to see the guys and Don this year. I was just too late.

I was staying positive and keeping the faith that Glenn was doing great and was resting. The doubt for me didn't start until David died. I don't know, but when David died, his death made me very nervous about Glenn.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I think we all were nervous that we didn't hear anything else after the announcement. I think we brushed it off saying no news is good news. He's probably at home healing. This time the waiting and not hearing anything else was starting to make us very nervous.

As Glenn was healing (knowing now he wasn't during this time), I was thinking about going to my very first Eagles concert once Glenn got better. It was on my bucket list to make sure to see the guys and Don this year. I was just too late.

I was staying positive and keeping the faith that Glenn was doing great and was resting. The doubt for me didn't start until David died. I don't know, but when David died, his death made me very nervous about Glenn.
    I'm sorry, but why?

I have already stated that I was not shocked by Glenn's death, but I certainly had no premonition or sense that something would happen when David died. On the contrary. David's death was a big enough shock without me thinking of anything else.

Stuck on the Border

I don't know about premonition, but with David Bowie and Alan Rickman having died with there having been no coverage of their illnesses in the press, I thought of the lack of news on Glenn. On the 18th, I searched for something on Glenn, hoping for a sighting at a ball game but also dreading news of his death and I was relieved when nothing showed up. Last thing at night, I came to this board and there was Soda's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I'm sorry, but why?

I have already stated that I was not shocked by Glenn's death, but I certainly had no premonition or sense that something would happen when David died. On the contrary. David's death was a big enough shock without me thinking of anything else.
    I think it started with a lot of entertainers dying back to back at the end of last year into the beginning of January. Before David died, 3 musicians died a week part. Then David and Alan died the same week(I think two days apart). Their death shocked me since they were still young and we didn't know they were battling cancer. Then Celine's husband, Rene also died that same week(I wasn't shocked with his death since he's been sick for a while). Lemy died somewhere in there. So I was nervous since we didn't know if Glenn was ok. And I was praying he was doing great and he was healing. We all hope he was ok.

I think I was more shocked that I didn't know Glenn was soo sick. I don't think my nervousness was a premonition. It was more like I hope Glenn is ok and he will pull through his illness like he did those other times.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-05-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I know I was shocked when Glenn passed but it was because I had no idea what was going on with him. I hadn't really been paying attention to what was going on with the Eagles at the time besides Don's recent album and knowing they were still on tour. I do remember now I had a conversation the day after David Bowie died with my parents and my Dad said something like "I liked a few of his songs but everyone's acting like he's a god." And I replied "Well, just wait till Paul McCartney goes or someone like that and it'll be the same for us." Then Glenn passed and I was just floored and it took us all by surprise, so we all got then what Bowie's fans were going through.

Plus it was just a brutal time with how many celebrities were passing. And now it's still happening so I feel it's the new normal for me as I'm going to know the ones passing now and be a fan of them.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

My uncle is a fan, and every few days, he would ask me if I'd heard any word about Glenn. My mom also asked once or twice. After new years, my uncle started to say that the lack of information is not a good sign. I told him that Glenn is a very private person offstage. I doubt we'll hear anything until he decides his next move. Deep down, I thought that we should've at least heard something like "the surgery was a success". Then came my mom's phone call to me the afternoon of Jan. 18th while I was at my uncle's. I lost it, but then thought that maybe she was mistaken until I saw the NBC Nightly news broadcast and in the preview was a photo of Glenn.

I'm a Motörhead fan. Lemmy's death came as a shock. I'm a casual Bowie fan. I felt sad, but never shed a tear. Alan Rickman's death hit me somewhat hard because of Professor Snape being one of my favorite characters from my childhood. I cried when I heard the news. I thought "which legend will be next?". I had no inkling that it would be Glenn.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Out on the Border

I honestly had no idea Glenn was seriously ill. I had read somewhere he was scheduled for surgery so I thought I was in the middle of a bad dream when I heard the news.
    I will always remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard Glenn had died. I was very, very young when Elvis died but I still remember what I was doing at the time (in the garden trying to help my dad with some weeding).
    When I heard Glenn had died, I was walking my dogs at the park and listening to the radio when they announced it. The world really stood still. I will never forget that day.
    What was everyone else doing when they heard?

I had just gotten back from a trip to a hospice where we visited elderly people who were dying (our school does service on Martin Luther King day). We sang hymns to them - anything they requested that we knew - and they all wanted those hymns talking about the joy of Heaven that awaits (for obvious reasons). We sang lyrics like "Because he lives, all fear is gone [...] I'll fight life's final war with pain, but then when death gives way to victory, I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives" and "When we all get to Heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be." "I heard about the streets of gold [...] about the angels singing [...] and some sweet day I'll sing up there the song of victory." Basically I was singing hymns about going to Heaven when he was taking his last breaths. There's something comforting about that.

I got home, tried to take a nap, but I started getting all these notifications on my phone that Glenn Frey Online was crashing - it was getting too many hits to handle. I thought maybe I was being cyber-attacked. I got on the phone to my webhost.

I was on hold when I got a text from TimothyBFan that said simply "tell me it isn't true" and somehow I knew what she must be talking about, why my site was crashing. I did a quick Google check to verify it although I knew in my heart it was true. Then, I had to spend over an hour talking to my webhost while trying to make some kind of banner honoring him and trying to update the sites, the board... trying to get everything together but all the while crying.

Glenn is so private that I wasn't bothered at all by the fact there had been no "announcement" that he was doing fine. I thought the only way we would hear something is if he took a turn for the worse, and it turns out I was right. I fully expected him to recover as he had always done before. I had had a really disturbing nightmare in December about him but I dismissed it as anxiety.

I don't blame Glenn for keeping it quiet. It's not as if we could have done anything if we'd known. I was already praying for his health. I suppose more people perhaps would have been motivated to pray if they'd known, but when it's your time to go, that's it. He saved us a lot of worrying by keeping it from us. God bless him and God have mercy upon his soul.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten